• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Rimfire WTB: 22 ammo

Nimothy

I’m trying
Minuteman
  • Nov 14, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    I just got a cz457 trainer and before I go out and buy a ton of ammo to try I thought I’d check with y’all to see if you guys have partial boxes that didn’t work on your rifles and you want to get rid of

I just got a cz457 trainer and before I go out and buy a ton of ammo to try I thought I’d check with y’all to see if you guys have partial boxes that didn’t work on your rifles and you want to get rid of

I'm not sure what the rules on shipping ammo are... I actually have a zip lock bag of 1 box for each ammo that I sell locally.

1 Eley Target - $5.50
    1 Eley Club - $6.50
    1 Eley Match - $13.50
    1 Eley Tenex - $16
    1 SK Standard Plus - $5.50
    1 SK Pistol Match Special - $8
    1 Lapua Center-X - $11

Looks like I can only ship it UPS, not sure what the cost of a small box with the ORM-D / ammo labeling costs.

I'm not sure what the rules on shipping ammo are... I actually have a zip lock bag of 1 box for each ammo that I sell locally.

1 Eley Target - $5.50
    1 Eley Club - $6.50
    1 Eley Match - $13.50
    1 Eley Tenex - $16
    1 SK Standard Plus - $5.50
    1 SK Pistol Match Special - $8
    1 Lapua Center-X - $11

Looks like I can only ship it UPS, not sure what the cost of a small box with the ORM-D / ammo labeling costs.
    I’m not a math guy but that looks like 66$ I’d gladly take it if shipping makes it under 80$ can you get a quote for me?

Thats BS, you can ship ammo, UPS makes you identify it with hazard labels and ship from a hub location.

I talked to the UPS guy quite a bit, and he said absolutely not. No alcohol, firearms, or ammunition from consumer to consumer. I can only deal it if I go through a dealer.

Not much I can do, except drive around and try to find another store. I told him straight up it was 22LR ammo and needed the little hazard labels, and he said no.

UPS stores operate on totally different standards than the shipping centers, and quite honestly they are useless when it comes to knowledge of what can and can't be shipped. I have shipped guns and ammo from the shipping center hub, properly marked to verified addresses and declared exactly what my items are with no problems many many many times. Maybe the problem exists with a state law or some other nonsense that prevents them from doing normal business where you live. Sorry to hear of your troubles friend.

If I go to a UPS shipping center, will they handle all the packaging correctly or does it need to be all pre-packaged and labeled before I even try to ship it? Not to be a downer, but at this point for $80 and all the driving and packaging of a few rimfire boxes probably isn't going to be worth the time and effort.

If I go to a UPS shipping center, will they handle all the packaging correctly or does it need to be all pre-packaged and labeled before I even try to ship it? Not to be a downer, but at this point for $80 and all the driving and packaging of a few rimfire boxes probably isn't going to be worth the time and effort.
    It’s not dude. Thank you for trying and offering and your advice on ammo selection. I go on midway today and order in. Does anyone have a coupon code for midway?

my wife works for ups. u can ship ammo. i get it all the time thru ups from both suppliers and individuals. just sent her a text and she says certain quantities and has to say small cartidges on the ORMD label

It’s not dude. Thank you for trying and offering and your advice on ammo selection. I go on midway today and order in. Does anyone have a coupon code for midway?

It looks like goodshootinginc.com has a few boxes for a good price. They will charge about $10-15 shipping so it's about the same as what I was going to send you. Do the same ammo selection.

I'd also throw in a SK Rifle Match, and SK Long Range Match, and then maybe a RWS Target Rifle or Rifle Match.

my wife works for ups. u can ship ammo. i get it all the time thru ups from both suppliers and individuals. just sent her a text and she says certain quantities and has to say small cartidges on the ORMD label

Yeh I have to go to the official UPS facility and do the orm-d declaration. I don't have a orm-d label so that's where they'd inspect and slap a label and confirm the package. It's just a 30 minute drive to that facility from where I live.

Just went to the UPS store and they told me it is illegal to ship ammunition. Only distributors are allowed to ship it they told me.

Can't ship ammo or any gun parts through UPS Stores. You CAN ship ammo via UPS at a customer service center, or by handing to a driver. Those coupon codes are good for UPS online which works for ammo.

Anyway, it looks like you're going a different route.

-Stooxie

Can't ship ammo or any gun parts through UPS Stores. You CAN ship ammo via UPS at a customer service center, or by handing to a driver. Those coupon codes are good for UPS online which works for ammo.

Anyway, it looks like you're going a different route.

-Stooxie
    Thanks for the advice, learn something new everyday. I've never tried to do UPS online and have someone pick up from my house to deliver. I've always just done the local UPS store for everything.

Thanks for the advice, learn something new everyday. I've never tried to do UPS online and have someone pick up from my house to deliver. I've always just done the local UPS store for everything.
    keep in mind, the ups store is no way affiliated with UPS. they are independent. They make money off u for the service they provide. It will always cost u less going thru UPS directly

keep in mind, the ups store is no way affiliated with UPS. they are independent. They make money off u for the service they provide. It will always cost u less going thru UPS directly
    Good to know. Maybe it's best I just do everything online then instead of doing anything via the local store. I'll try it out next time I have to ship something...

Reactions: jinxx4ever