• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Optics WTB Leupold TS 30 A2 Scope

Leupold hasn't made a marked ts30 a2 since 2003, which was a 3-9x36 mildot, about 2012 they started calling their mk4 2.5-8x36 tmr a ts30 a2. In all honesty not close for a clone optic if thats what you want, the USMC has a contract for the scope.

I beg the differ. I bought one in the summer last year directly from them. They made 12 of them and I got number 11(at least that is what they said). It is a 100% marked clone correct ts30 because I verified that with them before I gave them my credit card number.

The scopes Leupold sold last summer was part of a production run to meet a USMC contract, made many more than 12. The original TS-30 and TS-30 a2 from early 2000s are much different than the scopes sold summer 2018, which is the proper scope for a MK12 mod 1. As mjh30 alludes to, what scope used for a period correct clone matters, but the summer 2018 produced scopes are great shooting in my opinion.

Thanks for the input guy's, I'm not sure about which scope I'm looking for I guess. I would like to get what would have been issued to Navy Seal's. I thought that it would have been a TS 30 or TS 30 A2, I've heard that they also used NightForce NXS's on MK 12's also but don't know if they are available anymore either.

Old Salt its not really a nxs on the Seals MK12 mod 1, but pretty much the same, those were marked Recon Nav-Spec, were 2.5-10x24, mildot, exposed 1/4 moa turrets, and had the extra nv settings. Early MK12 spr's ie say a gen 1 mod 0 had a Leupold Vari-x iii 3.5-10x40 m3 illuminated, lr/t scope, later MK12 mod 0 had a marked Ts30 a2 scope which was a 3-9x36 m3 illumimated mildot, quite unlike which available today or the last 13 years because in 2006 thats whrn Leupold changed the mk4 to 2.5-8x36. To be honest, 60150, 67920 and 112633 are all the same nsn scope number, although for an early MK12 Mod 0 the 57055 and 60150 are pretty much correct.

Thanks mjh, finding a scope is really starting to make my head hurt, I'm actually getting a PRI Mod O Gen II complete rifle and want to get it as close as possible to correct. Would a Nightforce C527; 3.5-15x50 be in the ball park of correct or any other Nightforce scope still being produced today?? Maybe a C538 model ??

Last edited:
It’s sister is on a mk12 mod1 this one was never mounted.

Attachments

• 064797C9-422B-4BF1-836F-D0378E8ED8A3.jpeg
    064797C9-422B-4BF1-836F-D0378E8ED8A3.jpeg
    784 KB · Views: 92
Yep; and if you ever do find one the guy usually wants a small fortune for it, I found a couple of Leupold's but the prices were way out of my range. Sorry about the big picture above, I'm not too good with computer stuff.

Just simply aint that many around, regular 2.5-10x24 dont have the nv settings that these do for one, only really used by one unit and for the cloner one of the ultimate mk12 scopes

I understand they are rare but how do you put a value on that?
My other is on a mk12 mod1 and it’s not going any where but I’ve had several people ask about this one tho I really have no idea how to figure it.

I understand they are rare but how do you put a value on that?
My other is on a mk12 mod1 and it’s not going any where but I’ve had several people ask about this one tho I really have no idea how to figure it.
..........The only way to determine market value is an auction. I have one of the Nav marked acquired some years ago on a gunbroker auction at $2k, an Army marked one purchased 3 years ago on eBay at $2400, and saw one of the Nav marked sell at $2800 2 years ago on eBay. Interest has grown within the clone community, hard to tell what your scope would bring, but the Nav marked scopes do not come on the market enough to determine exact market value.