• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accessories WTB Ruger American SA Chassis

you have to get what you like I would get wood mostly because I don't like plastic or composit not that there is anything wrong with them just personal preference and mine is wood real hardwood or a simulated aluminum that looks like wood I would love to see that if its more than just a paint job .

That’s at the top of my list if I end up buying new. Just debating on whether I want to put a $800 rifle/scope combo on a $400+ chassis. Feels like overkill.

I get your point to some extent, but those Rugers seem to really have serious potential once they're in a chassis. And now there are prefits available which can make it an even better rifle should you chose to do so.

Bump. Located a factory stock that accepts AI mags, but still interested in upgrading to a chassis if anyone has one they're looking to move. Oryx is at the top of the wish list, but PM me if you have something else that might be of interest.

Reactions: Backcountryguy
That’s at the top of my list if I end up buying new. Just debating on whether I want to put a $800 rifle/scope combo on a $400+ chassis. Feels like overkill.
In my personal opinion, a RAP in an oryx chassis will perform just as well as a rem700 or tikka t3 in the same or similar chassis. The barrel action on those RAPs are really nice for the price. They kept cost down by giving them the flimsiest molded stocks in existence, which is why they are only $400-450. Vs a $600-700 remington or tikka.

I am considering dropping my RAP in an oryx and then throwing an Arken SH4 on top.

The barrels on kind of slim though, wouldn't they change point of impact when warming up?
Not knocking them, I actually have one, was wondering if its worth the investment on the chassis?

The barrels on kind of slim though, wouldn't they change point of impact when warming up?
Not knocking them, I actually have one, was wondering if its worth the investment on the chassis?
In my personal opinion it is worth it. It might not be the optimal PRS gun with a thinner barrel, but you are also only spending like $1000-$1200 on an entire setup. Vs $3500+ for custom rigs and what not that won't walk when they get warm.

In my personal opinion it is worth it to upgrade the stock. If at the very least grab a magpul hunter american. Otherwise keep it as is, save up and buy an Accuracy International

Ha, funny you mention the Magpul, I did buy that one already! I actually won the gun at a NRA banquet.
I never was a Ruger fan, only ever owned a 10-22 which I still have. I'm still playing with some loads but the gun will already shoot under a inch. I have a Harris bipod I used for hunting and its too tall. Have a shorter bipod coming for it.

Reactions: eldest584
Indian Creek Design MoFo chassis. Only chassis available for Ruger Americans made in America. Customer service that is second to none. Gary at ICD will answer your questions Monday-Sunday at any reasonable hour of the day, usually within 1 hours timeframe via email. Great guy to deal with

Contact Gary at [email protected] ....tell him Lucas S from the Ruger American FB page sent you, he may sneak you in a discount

I run the MoFo on both my RAP 223 and my RAP 6.5 creed sporting a 26” Heavy Palma pre-fit barrel from Patriot Valley Arms. Both guns will run 1/4 MOA as long as I’m doing my part. If I’m not doing my part, then they’re typically around 1/2 MOA and at most 3/4 MOA
F4269C7A-5DB0-4183-8577-1C7EB48962BB.jpeg
BA80AA0C-87CF-481E-BDAD-607D8F93B6D7.jpeg