• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Accessories Wts: AI 308win 19.25" 5/8x24

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Sold the AI and found this in the safe. 615 documented rounds. Originally 20" but cut the old threads and rethreaded for 5/8x24, comes to 19.25" end to end. This is for the short action AX , not the MC. Color is Sage Green, the only color worth buying.

$355 shipped

20191207_143956.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: bb505
    what was the accuracy before cutting and who did the threading work? Did you shoot it afterwards and if so, was the accuracy same, better? Thanks, RG

what was the accuracy before cutting and who did the threading work? Did you shoot it afterwards and if so, was the accuracy same, better? Thanks, RG

No change in accuracy or fps (lot to lot would have a greater effect for 3/4" length reduction). Fgmm and bha both print 1/2" at 100. Ive been digging for targets but i haven't found any and i no longer have the ai rifle.

I do all my own rifle builds so i cut the threads and shot it suppressed afterwards with no change in performance. I use a long stem indicator to zero in the bore, full profile insert and 3wire measuring to make sure its in spec.

Also this is a 12 twist as they come on factory AI barrels. Haven't had any problem stabilizing up to 178gr... haven't tried heavier.