• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Firearms WTS: Defiance Deviant 6mm Creedmoor Manners Compact Stock 16" Proof - PICs

Brushout

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Apr 15, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Ok, guys....I am officially out of the 6mm creedmoor game (for now). This is a custom shorty that Jeff Hayes at Rivers Bend Gun Company put together. Jeff used to work for GA and Badger back in the day. Even if you don't like this one, check out his website. He is a great smith and you won't be disappointed with anything from his company. Plus he is just a good dude to talk to.

I gathered all the parts and sent them to him. He is a master at the creedmoor and this gun shows. Jeff spun the barrel, inlet and bedded the stock, ceracoated the parts of the barrel, etc. He put it all together. Gun was built with the idea of using a smaller compact scope with a thermal or NV clip on. It worked perfect for this any my vision for it.

I know people are going to ask and lot of questions, so I will try to answer some here first...like "how much does it weigh" and stuff. I don't have a scale but its pretty light. It was built mainly as a coyote and small game gun. Something easy to carry, and use especially on steel. Its a great truck gun and it has been shot. I have shot about 150-160 ish rounds down it. Tons of life left. I have shot 5 round strings and most of the time the holes are always touching each other. I will upload a pic I had in my phone showing an average group. On a good day, I have shot this one in .2-.3.

Also, some may ask about speed because of the short barrel...just depends on your load. Short barrels have a place. Would I run this out to 1200-1400 yards...NO. You have to be realistic on what IT can do and what YOU can do and where you shoot. Not everyone will consitantly be running 1200 yard ranges. But for 600-700 yards and in, YES, this gun will do that all day long. I have seen this rifle push smaller 70gr up over 3200 without any pressure signs. Best to determine and develop your own load, but I will send the load data that I have. Majority of the rounds I shot were basic Hornady Match 105gr. Heck, I have even shot .5" with Hornady Black though this rifle. She is a hammer. I really dont want to sell it...but I just have no use for it now.

***Please be aware that you will need to run a smaller compact scope with this rifle. I had a S&B Ultra Short and it worked fine. I have also had a 1-8 and 1-10 on it as well as an Eotech Vudu 5-25 (I have 2 still available in another listing if interested). You will not be able to use a longer scope like a 7-35 or something and still have a functional EFR.***

Please ask any and all questions and offers by PM and I will respond. I can do a video call showing it or send more pics by text. Just PM me.

Build List-
-Defiance Deviant SA nitrated
-Defiance Bottom Metal DBM (with the button in the trigger guard)
-Manners compact stock CS-1. Its the shortest they make. Not the the CS-2, which has a longer forearm.
-Badger EFR. Stock had to be custom inletted for this. It was inletted by Jeff Hayes.
-Proof 16" carbon barrel. 1-7 twist. Threaded 5/8-24.
-Surefire break for SOCOM suppressor.
-Timney elite trigger (I also have TT I can swap it for)
-Area 419 ARCA rail. It replaced the original small ARCA for a camera. The 419 allows it to slide in your tripod or bipod set up.

***Rifle does NOT come with any scope, suppressor or tripod/bipod etc. I am just selling the rifle. I ran basic Magpul mags, but I have a couple of 10rd AI mags, I will include. If you do not need the surefire break, I can remove it and we can negotiate that. Triggers are easy to swap or I can send it without one to save some coin. ***

I have well over $4k invested in this in parts, labor, shipping etc. Asking $3450 OBO shipped. I can take all forms of electronic payment. I can also do a check or money order. Shipping is FEDEX from me to your FFL. PM any offers please.

I am not desperate to sell this rifle. I am actually debating just putting her back in the safe. I am being realistic and I know that it will not used anytime soon. So, hopefully it will go to someone that will use it for what it can do.

People may ask about trades...I would be intersted in a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 or 4-20, MIL-XT or T3 if somone was looking to trade toward it. I actually need 2...Or maybe a Leupold Mk5 3-18 etc in T3 . I can also use some .223 77g mk262 or more match loads for my mk12. No surplus or junk ammo. I do not need any more AR parts, rifles, or more guns, etc. I am trying to downsize my collection rather than add to it. But any trade deals, my price may increase some to offset the trade. Just PM me we may be able to work a deal.

Let me know any questions you may have. Thanks.
IMG_0908.jpeg
IMG_0907.jpeg
IMG_0910.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0136.jpeg
IMG_0137.jpeg
IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0140.jpeg