• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PRS Talk X-Rail Pad Question

Rogerthatout

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I’ve had the bug to try a flat bag that would attach to my Area419 plate or to my gray ops plate but I’m kinda partial to the weight and feel of the Armageddon heavy fill; does anyone know if the Rail-X feels, and/or acts like a Armageddon heavy bag? It comes in “standard” and “beads “ but I don’t think it’s going to be like the heavy I'm partial to.

Anyone else run these?

Standard bead fill – approx. 3 lbs (+/-)
Sand fill: approx 8 lbs (+/-)

I’m hoping the sand fill is same as what I have in my “ heavies”

Are you asking if it acts like a heavy sand gamechanger? What are you expecting to use it for.

I use one as an attached front bag when I'm using tripod rear support on a stage. I use the bead fill, so that it doesn't make the front of the gun too heavy. I thought about changing it out with heavy sand, but I decided against it. I'm happy with it for the application I use it for.
VideoCapture_20240902-221946.jpg

Are you asking if it acts like a heavy sand gamechanger? What are you expecting to use it for.

I use one as an attached front bag when I'm using tripod rear support on a stage. I use the bead fill, so that it doesn't make the front of the gun too heavy. I thought about changing it out with heavy sand, but I decided against it. I'm happy with it for the application I use it for.
View attachment 8493386

I wanted to try running that bag on barricade rather than a Shmedium , also use it for a front bag with rear support as you pointed out and also for my kids as a regular barricade option . But to answer your question, wanted this bag as an alternative to my schedium. Nothing will be more steady than a schedium but I really wanted to try running a bag attached but nothing to big… and that flat profile looks like it easy to approach a prop. I would want the schmedium fill though.

@Rogerthatout I used to have the gamechanger that direct attached to the plate and found it to not be an advantage on many stages and generally too heavy. You could use the flat bag as a traditional barricade bag, however it doesn't have quite the ability to sink into the prop like a gamechanger regardless of the fill material. This makes it much less stable. it also has a point in the middle that pinches upwards to control the fill spread that leaves a dead spot if I remember.

The real advantage of the connected bag is freeing up your hands. So in the case of the tripod rear you can move very fast because you aren't managing 3 items as the bag is connected to the gun. You don't gain much from this with standard barricade bag situations.

I would buy one for the tripod use alone and then you can always mess around with it for other things.

I think you talked me out of this idea, which I was on the fence about. I do have a grip changer which I was going to try for a front bag and rear support combo. I don’t think I need much more than that for up front.. do I ?

Attachments

• IMG_7857.jpeg
    IMG_7857.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 12
If you've already got one do some drills with it and find out. Of the front bag plate things I've tried, I like the wider ones (within reason) because they're more stable from tipping, but I bet that would work fine.

At some point here you're splitting hairs, since this is a bag you might use once or twice at most in a match.

Why not just get one of these? Flat and attaches to Rail X.

Why not just get one of these? Flat and attaches to Rail X.

Because I find myself not wanting anything other than Armageddon heavy fill in all my bags, I was wondering if that bag had same fill