• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDM sub compact pistol.

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Whatever happened to it? Was it just an idea they decided not to go with or are they just waiting?

user28417_pic2587_1251888048.jpg

Re: XDM sub compact pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would I want to see an XD SC? We are talking about XDM SC.</div></div>
I see said the blind man. Didn't know about the "M=Match" part. I was going to say. Mine is unfired and I still think of it as a throw down gun. I am sure the Springfield guys can do wonders when someone knows how to really put them together.
Springfield is kind of weird that they will advertise shit and not produce it. Tried to get a TRP Operator for over 3 years here in Kalifornia and NO AMOUNT of money would get you one.

New guy on the forum here. I always wondered why they didn't do a subcompact version of the XDm. I guess the regular XD subcompact just works to well they are sticking with it. That being said, I would buy an XDm subcompact in a heartbeat. For me the 3.8 is too big for deep concealment, and not big enough for a duty weapon. The 3.8 doesn't fill any niche for me but the subcompact I like. But that's just from my own preferences. Oh well, it's not even a real gun anyways. Just one that someone photo shoped. (Very well I might add) Am I the only one that read the find print? ( XDm is a trademark of Springfield who did not make this picture.....April FOOLs) Ha Ha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rogerschrisj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New guy on the forum here. I always wondered why they didn't do a subcompact version of the XDm. I guess the regular XD subcompact just works to well they are sticking with it. That being said, I would buy an XDm subcompact in a heartbeat. For me the 3.8 is too big for deep concealment, and not big enough for a duty weapon. The 3.8 doesn't fill any niche for me but the subcompact I like. But that's just from my own preferences. Oh well, it's not even a real gun anyways. Just one that someone photo shoped. (Very well I might add) Am I the only one that read the find print? ( XDm is a trademark of Springfield who did not make this picture.....April FOOLs) Ha Ha </div></div>

Ya I agree with you %100. Its sexy. But no I didnt read fine print lol thats funny.

They wanted to maintain large capacity magazine, but in my opinion the grip is too long to conceal well. I wish they would have kept the barrel length longer, but shorted and made the grip thinner. But to each their own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They wanted to maintain large capacity magazine, but in my opinion the grip is too long to conceal well. I wish they would have kept the barrel length longer, but shorted and made the grip thinner. But to each their own.</div></div> Exactly. With that grip I don't consider it to be a subcompact, no matter what length barrel they put on it. I've never had a problem concealing a long barrel but a long grip is a different story.

My wife carries a standard XD SC in 9mm, and it's an outstanding pistol for what it is. Running a flush fitting 13 round magazine with a stubby grip is ideal, and you always have the 16 round extended if you want that extra grip surface. I'd rather have the capability of going shorter than have a long grip and a shorty barrel.

As for a "match" barrel on a 3" pistol, what's the point? Seems like throwing in a selling feature on something that it is useless on just to try and justify the additional price. I can hammer pair an IPSC at 15yds with the basic model just fine and so can she, and controlled shots at 25 are no problem at all. I'm actually quite pleased with the accuracy of the pistol when taking into consideration the very short barrel and sight radius.

My suggestion OP is check out the base model if you haven't already, it might just be what you're actually looking for. Otherwise, try calling SA and maybe they'll tell you what's going on with the release of the SC XDm.