All subscriptions are on sale! Pick yours below

Subscribe

Xlr magnesium 4.0??

Joko111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Maryland
I’m currently using a manners or hunter on my 300wsm for long range hunting, I’m looking into the xlr magnesium just to try something new, I don’t love the manners grip as it’s a little bit thick… seems like you can mix and match chassis parts quite a bit, let me know what you think if you own or have tried one!

Had one on my previous hunting rifle with an ergo grip. It was pretty nice, but the best feature was that it can fold down and save some space and it was definitely super light - not sure if it’s lighter than the PH though.

Not a great answer but you wouldn’t be disappointed with the XLR. Keep the Manners, though. Just in case…

I have tried a friends ph and currently have a xlr element 4.0 in both magnesium and aluminum. I prefer the look and feel of the manner, just a sexier looking stock in my opinion.

But for me personally, I run multiple XLR envy pros for comp rifles and am accustom to them so the element was the logical choice for me. I also really like that they can be folded which I thought was just for cool kid points but once strapped to a pack it is so nice being able to sit down without the buttock hitting the ground first and preventing you from sitting naturally. I also really like the full length arca rail built in, I’m tall and prefer locking into my tripod about in the middle of the rail vs just in front of the Magwell.