• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ZCO mount or Spuhr or Geissele mount for ZCO527?

Geissele doesn’t offer a diving board for their 36mm mount as far as I know in case that’s a factor. I went with area 419 and I’ve been happy. Sphur is reputed to be the most durable, but I think that’s mainly just talk. I’ve owned two Sphur mounts. Used numerous Geissele mounts overseas and never had a loss of zero even on guns that get horribly mistreated.

Reactions: R_A_W and 500grains
Any advantages of one over another?

Is one more durable than the others?

Many thanks.

ZCO, Hawkins, ARC, GDI, and many others make excellent mounts. Just look at the specific height and features you are looking for and you will be good to go.

Many people have been looking at 36mm Cantilever mounts with ZCO and GDI being two new additions :)

I’ve used several spuhr and have been a victim of the bar cracking. As many others have as well. If you search through some recent threads you’ll see it’s a more common problem then you’d want

I have a badger C1 sitting here if I decide to switch eventually

That said both my ZCO 527 and NF 735 atacr have spuhr on them currently

I’ve migrated back to almost solely badger over the last year. It’ll be hard to make me want to swap, and I mean sudden onset of problems from badger to sway my confidence. I’ve seen a set of rings break, but one set in almost 20 years of using, being around them is good odds to me.