• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Zeiss 10X42 Victory HT Binos

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I'm thinking of making the plunge and picking up a pair of these for hunting season. I live in Colorado so it's big country. I always wanted a pair of Swarovski EL's but am thinking these might be the way to go. I like their new coating where water supposedly just falls off. Anyone used these? Am I making a mistake going with Zeiss over Swarovski? Let's hear it.
Thanks,

Re: Zeiss 10X42 Victory HT Binos

Snipe10,

Te Zeiss you are talking about are built with quality in mind and I believe they would be perfect for what you have outlined. I have the 10x32 and the 10x42 Victory and the first thing that got me was the glass quality. I have used Swarovski, Leica and Zeiss in the past and when I decided to purchase these on my own I went Zeiss.

Looking through good quality glass, especially for longer periods of time, show less fatigue in my eyes. The light gathering in these optics are insane. The first 30 and last 30 minutes can be critical in the hunting world, the 10x42's will gather all of the light you need to see clearly.

If you have anywhere around that will let you compare, try and look through another manufacturers glasses before making the purchase. I am glad I made the decision on both sets. Also, look for Zeiss to offer decent rebates from time to time.

Good luck.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

Thanks for the advice, my 55 year old eyes are not what they used to be so that's why I'm considering spending so much. Anyone else have any input?

I have the Zeiss Victory RF 8x45 and they are great, not familiar with the Victory HT models but would expect them to be complimentary. Sorry, can't compare them to Swarovski EL's as I don't have a pair. I do have the Swaro STM 60 spotting scope and would consider the optical quality between the two to be on par but it's hard to compare bino's vs spotting scope. Personally, the Victory's are that good that I have no interest in comparing them to the EL's. On the other hand, the STM 60 is ditto with the Zeiss Diascope. YMMV

I have had the 10-45 rf victory binos for a while. The light gathering ability is superb. As mentioned the first and last minutes are where they really shine. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I consider this glass to be a great aid in making up the difference. I know these aren't the exact same but I would think they should be on par.

btw they have also ranged to a mile in ideal conditions

Victory HT is new flagship, and internals have changed compared to previous Victory FL binos.

Prism for example is very different Abbe-König compared to Schmidt-Pecan mirror version. Higher transmission and resolution. All lenses, including prism, are new Schott "High Transmission" glass.

As far as I know, Zeiss HT series lenses are king of the hill at the moment.