• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zeiss 6-24x72 or hensoldt scope 6-24x72

Get there

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2020
I’m looking for the best low light (hunting) scope on the plant without going to NV or IR. My search keeps bringing me back to these two. I can’t find a new Zeiss(discontinued) but know where a used one is that I should be able to get if I go with the Zeiss. Is there anything else I need to look at before I purchase one of these? Currently running 3-12x56 diavari. I’m losing just the last few minutes of legal hour of hunting now. Probably more my eyes than equipment. For the ones that have the 56 and went to the 72 could you tell much of a difference or pretty close to the same. Thanks Get There

I’m looking for the best low light (hunting) scope on the plant without going to NV or IR. My search keeps bringing me back to these two. I can’t find a new Zeiss(discontinued) but know where a used one is that I should be able to get if I go with the Zeiss. Is there anything else I need to look at before I purchase one of these? Currently running 3-12x56 diavari. I’m losing just the last few minutes of legal hour of hunting now. Probably more my eyes than equipment. For the ones that have the 56 and went to the 72 could you tell much of a difference or pretty close to the same. Thanks Get There

The Zeiss V8 4.5-35x60 is slightly superior to the 6-24x72 in terms of resolution in low light situations. Also, the V8 illumination is far better than the 72mm. I have all the current Zeiss V8 offerings as well as several 72mm's. I have spent many hours comparing these scopes in various light conditions PM me and if you are close by you are welcome to look for yourself.
EJ

Reactions: Get there