• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 MRAD FFP or Bushnell XRS3 6-36X56 G4 reticle for PRS?

Black Greyhound

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2021
Central PA
FNG here, so bear with me. Does anyone have real world experience with one, the other or preferably both? These will go on a 6GT PRS gun and a .223 AI PRS trainer, backup, rarely varmint rifle. FWIW, I currently run a ZEISS LRP S3 4-25x56 in MOA for PRS and Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 for base class NRL22. l like both just fine, but I do want to switch from MOA to MRAD for PRS. For the sake of simplicity, please don't bother mentioning any other scopes in this thread. Thanks in advance for your inputs. Pictures for attention.

Attachments

• 20240623_164052.jpg
    20240623_164052.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240830_174421(1).jpg
    20240830_174421(1).jpg
    668 KB · Views: 36
Zeiss LRP S3 glass > Bushnell XRS3

The Bushy is not bad, and I like the reticles. I've killed a lot of stuff looking through a Bushnell. It is certainly serviceable in the role which you intend.

The LRP is just going to be better with the exception IMO being the reticle. I am not much of a fan of the ZF-MRI...but reticles are a personal thing, so you might like it much more than me.

The Zeiss glass will be way better than the Bushnell. The S3 reticle is a very shooter friendly reticle and the S3 scope is a solid option in top tier glass market.

Had both and was not impressed at all with the Bushnell XRS3. Glass was a big let down. Overall feel of the scope was just eh to me. I like my Match Pro ED more. LOL The Zeiss is an easy winner in that comparison. Have three now and been running them in matches for about a year and a half and they work great. You have the Zeiss now so you will not be happy if you went to the Bushnell at this point.

Reactions: Black Greyhound
So, besides wanting to go mils, what are you hoping to accomplish by going from the 4-25 to a 6-36?

Why not just go with a known quantity of the 4-25 in mils? I'm sure someone out there wants your MOA reticle. You may take a bath on it but at least you'd be getting some money towards your mil reticle.

Thoughts?

No experience with the Bushnell but I really like my Zeiss which is the exact optic you are considering. Glass is very good, controls are well thought out, it tracks well, and returns to zero after dialing turrets all over the place. Not much to bitch about particularly for the money spent.

Reactions: Black Greyhound
FNG here, so bear with me. Does anyone have real world experience with one, the other or preferably both? These will go on a 6GT PRS gun and a .223 AI PRS trainer, backup, rarely varmint rifle. FWIW, I currently run a ZEISS LRP S3 4-25x56 in MOA for PRS and Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50 for base class NRL22. l like both just fine, but I do want to switch from MOA to MRAD for PRS. For the sake of simplicity, please don't bother mentioning any other scopes in this thread. Thanks in advance for your inputs. Pictures for attention.

I have a Zeiss S3 MIL Open Box since you are interested in switching to MIL :) Feel Free to call us at 916-670-1103 -Richard

Last edited:
Reactions: XP1K