Rifle Scopes Zero stop question

mi650

Undergrad Rifle Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 30, 2010
    Michigan
    I mounted and sighted in a new scope yesterday, Steiner T6 5-30 if that makes any difference.

I hit the factory zero stop and am 1/2" high at 100 yards. It will mainly be used punching paper from 100-300 yards, maybe out to 600. I can't think of any reason to mess with it, but is there something I'm missing?

Well, that's one douchebag out of the way.

He's not wrong. The Steiner knobs and zero stop are different than others but worth looking at and learning how to set it. When I had mine I had to read up on it as it was different than other scopes I have used. It's not hard. Just different.

IDK, how about reading page 6 of your manual? ...and you may have mounted it, but if you're printing 1/2" high, it's not sighted in yet.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 7.44.36 PM.png

He's not wrong. The Steiner knobs and zero stop are different than others but worth looking at and learning how to set it. When I had mine I had to read up on it as it was different than other scopes I have used. It's not hard. Just different.
    If it's different, I can get learning how. I'm planning on it having a home on this rifle for the foreseeable future. Could be good to know if I get another, I suppose.

And I know guys in PRS like to have a couple clicks below zero for closer shots. I won't ever shoot it at less than 100 though.

And I know guys in PRS like to have a couple clicks below zero for closer shots. I won't ever shoot it at less than 100 though.
    Really not even needed anymore as there are no shots under 100 yards in matches but I like have a few clicks below as it makes setting zero in different conditions easier if I have to go below the zero that is on the rifle at the time.