Zeroing

Colton Compton

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2022
Indiana
I goofed and got a 40 moa base. I tried to sight in the scope and I bottomed it out. It's currently 1 inch high a 100 yards. I do have a little bit of wiggle room with a couple notches on my picatiny rail. Does anyone know how much change in elevation do I get in a single notch on my pic rail?

None, the 40 MOA is from the slope of the rail not the ring position. Something like the Burris rings with gimbal inserts is affected by the distance between the rings.

You sure you aren’t hitting the zero stop? The scope has 110 moa of elevation so unless you are using a lot of windage to zero there should be no reason you can’t use that on a 40 moa base. Mount isn’t a 20 moa mount is it?

You sure you aren’t hitting the zero stop? The scope has 110 moa of elevation so unless you are using a lot of windage to zero there should be no reason you can’t use that on a 40 moa base. Mount isn’t a 20 moa mount is it?
40 moa, my elevation is all the way down. Well, unless it comes with the zero stop in from the factory

Did you read the directions on the zero stop? Something isn’t right as the scope has more than enough elevation for a 40 moa base.

As I asked your mount doesn’t have any moa in it does it? So you have 40 in the base and 20 in the mount it would cause an issue.

Then does the base have any moa built into it? You wrote 40 moa base above. So the mount has 40 moa does the base have any?