1 Mile from T&E gun today

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
    Hi,

So today @Dthomas3523 was putting some rounds through the Hoplite Arms Apsis rifle in 300NM using 230gr Berger factory ammunition.
    He has never shot 1 mile, ever but has fundamentals down to a science.

Initial groups at 100yd to get going...Unknown MV due to his labradar breaking a few weeks ago.
    Group.png

Then onto the 1MOA target at 1k yards...first round impact
    1k.jpg

Then out to the 1 mile 24"x24" target, solo shooting/spotting. 7 out of 10
    1 mile.jpg

Sincerely,
    Theis

Love it! My 300 Norma Magnum shipped to my FFL today and this just puts a huge smile on my face to see this post. I have that same Berger ammo inbound and I hope it does as well for me as for your friend.

Last edited:
    Just for further information:

I went from 100 to 600. Missed first shot high. Adjusted. Impact

Went to 800, missed low. Adjusted. Impact

Went to 1k. Impact on 1moa circle.

Went to 1700 yds. First round missed 1mil right (wind) and .5mil low. Adjusted. 2nd round miss. Didn’t see it. But figured it should have been pretty close. Re-engaged holding a little higher. 3rd round impact bottom of target.

Painted target. Took 10 shots. Wind was anywhere from 1mil left to .6 right and a couple were straight up holds. Managed to hit 7/10.

Mirage was average and started picking up, so I was favoring low by the end of the string.

Last edited:
    Very impressive!

Just for further information:

I went from 100 to 600. Missed first shot high. Adjusted. Impact

Went to 800, missed low. Adjusted. Impact

Went to 1k. Impact on 1moa circle.

Went to 1700 yds. First round missed 1mil right (wind) and .5moa low. Adjusted. 2nd round miss. Didn’t see it. But figured it should have been pretty close. Re-engaged holding a little higher. 3rd round impact bottom of target.

Painted target. Took 10 shots. Wind was anywhere from 1mil left to .6 right and a couple were straight up holds. Managed to hit 7/10.

Mirage was average and started picking up, so I was favoring low by the end of the string.
    I thought how the heck did you go from a 100yd zero to 1000y 1moa target? Still, the jump from 1000 to 1 mile is awesome.

Very impressive!

I thought how the heck did you go from a 100yd zero to 1000y 1moa target? Still, the jump from 1000 to 1 mile is awesome.

To be fair, first time I shot the rifle I went from 100 to 800. With modern software, you should be very close, if not on steel (with appropriate sized targets) inside 1k.

Very impressive!

After sighting in my Norma Improved I went from 100yd straight to 1340yd. Drops are very predictable, wind is pure vudoo. If it warms up this week we are going to try a 6.5PRC at 1776 yards for the first shot past 100. Not sure how well that will work out.

No pics of the rifle? Blasphemy!

Nice shootin!

Hi,

Shit, for damn near 2 years I have been posting 3D model pictures, prototype versions abc pictures, T&E versions def pictures, lolol......
    But the most important pictures of all that everyone wants to see is TARGET pictures, hahaha

Crazy to realize the things that have been changed just over the past 3 weeks....the T&E model being shot now has greatly been improved upon in functionality, features and looks wise.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Guessing that it’s not a petting zoo?

Hi,

Animals at this zoo are easily agitated and can be harmful to ones health.

Sincerely,
    Theis