• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 1 mile scope

Midas tac works good in good contions but if theres a shadow or its hot very hard for me to see. The guys I shoot with run 2000 to 3400 dollar scopes I cant do that. I need to look at cronus

Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30 and Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 can both be had for about $1500-ish (Stryker new and Razor used), and they're the best values in modern precision tactical optics IMHO. But if $1500 is too much, then the next level is the Cronus/SWFA HD/etc.

At 1 mile, I'd probably want the extra mag of the Cronus, although I believe glass quality between the 2 is very similar. If i was going to buy the Cronus, I'd get the BTR version with the better parallax adjustment and better elevation turret.

I don't think the XTR2 hangs with either of these glass-wise. JMHO

Dont really wanna go over the 1200 or 1300 mark
You could definitely find a used Cronus for that an gettin close to used Razor range.
You could get a new SWFA 5x20 but no zero stop, outdated reticle and honestly I disagree with it having better glass than the Cronus.
Especially if you maxing out the swfa At 20x
At 20x the Cronus is quite impressive and 25x is just as bright.

Ft. Bridges Wyoming I shot with the NRA Outdoors phaseII long range class. Custom 6.5 Creedmoor by Ken Hagen @H&H Precision. I had 3 out of 5 hits at 1 mile. Scope was my Vortex Razor Gen2HD 4.5-27. Mirage wasn’t horrible and I was able to see my first 2 misses on 15x. The next 3 were hits on a 30” x 30”. The price of used Gen IIs is ridiculous. My 2 cents. And remember when it gets scratched just back over it with the pickup truck and send it in for a new scope.

Here’s a 16” plate at 1790 yards with my Cronus.
Look 1 mil right of the stump in center.

Reactions: Mackay
Hi,

What experience(s) do you currently have in regards to distance shooting?
Are you brand new as in never shot past 1k yards?
Are you experienced aka mastered 1k yards?
Do you want zero stops or not?
Do you want to dial or hold?
What environmental conditions/atmosphere conditions do you intend to be shooting in?
Do you want FFP or SFP?
And the million smirk question....do you prefer moa or mil?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

What experience(s) do you currently have in regards to distance shooting?
Are you brand new as in never shot past 1k yards?
Are you experienced aka mastered 1k yards?
Do you want zero stops or not?
Do you want to dial or hold?
What environmental conditions/atmosphere conditions do you intend to be shooting in?
Do you want FFP or SFP?
And the million smirk question....do you prefer moa or mil?

Sincerely,
Theis
Yes we shoot 1000 yards out to 1 mile. I like a zero stop and I dial in mils with ffp and we live in colorado with good conditions

Thats a good price. They still having deal

I don’t know, this was in februari.
Opticsplanet and dvor had incredible pricing. Mine was shipped to The Netherlands. Incl. taxes and duties it saved me EURO 1.000 compared to retail price here.

In case you can buy either a T5 or an M5 you are good to go to 1000 and way beyond.

I don’t know, this was in februari.
Opticsplanet and dvor had incredible pricing. Mine was shipped to The Netherlands. Incl. taxes and duties it saved me EURO 1.000 compared to retail price here.

In case you can buy either a T5 or an M5 you are good to go to 1000 and way beyond.
Yes looking at the m3 15 50

Just an FYI since you asked about them, I got a Steiner P4xi 4-15x56 and while the glass is pretty good to my untrained eyes, it has only 2 revolutions of the turret (20 MILS) from where you set your zero stop. I am sure you can go a long ways with 20 MILS of elevation, but I have never checked just how much you need for such a shot.

EDIT- I just checked my ballistics app and it appears I need about 22 MILS for my 280ai with a hunting round to go that far, and 17.5 for my 6.5 PRC with 147 ELD-M and a 3047 Muzzle velocity. So depending on what you are shooting, 20 MILS should be enough.

Just an FYI since you asked about them, I got a Steiner P4xi 4-15x56 and while the glass is pretty good to my untrained eyes, it has only 2 revolutions of the turret (20 MILS) from where you set your zero stop. I am sure you can go a long ways with 20 MILS of elevation, but I have never checked just how much you need for such a shot.

EDIT- I just checked my ballistics app and it appears I need about 22 MILS for my 280ai with a hunting round to go that far, and 17.5 for my 6.5 PRC with 147 ELD-M and a 3047 Muzzle velocity. So depending on what you are shooting, 20 MILS should be enough.
My 280ai took 18.2 mils for the mile

I found a deal on a steiner military 3 15 50 for good price any thoughts on that scope

I scored a 3-15 M5xi from @gr8fuldoug and I love it. Nice glass, tracking is solid, nice clicks, built like a tank and I dig the MSR reticle. Oh and I really dig its size, it seems a lot smaller than my ZP5 or K624i's. I'm planning to move mine onto a hunting setup in 6.5CM.

I scored a 3-15 M5xi from @gr8fuldoug and I love it. Nice glass, tracking is solid, nice clicks, built like a tank and I dig the MSR reticle. Oh and I really dig its size, it seems a lot smaller than my ZP5 or K624i's. I'm planning to move mine onto a hunting setup in 6.5CM.
Have you looked threw it at a mile? What are your thought on glass at that distance

Have you looked threw it at a mile? What are your thought on glass at that distance

Max I've stretched it out to was just shy of 1k yds and I had no issues with the glass. If I had somewhere to shoot out to 1760yds, I don't think the Steiner would be my limiting factor.

If I was you, I'd ask myself if 15x is enough mag and if the reticle is what you want.

Max I've stretched it out to was just shy of 1k yds and I had no issues. If I had somewhere to shoot out to 1760yds, I don't think the Steiner would be my limiting factor.

If I was you, I'd ask myself if 15x is enough mag and if the reticle is what you want.
Right now I use a 4 16 50 midas tac. I'm lucky where we shoot has a big dirt bank so can see good

If it is at all possible, I would suggest increasing your budget a little. If you have enough practice at 1000 yards that you feel comfortable shooting a mile, then you get to shoot more than most. You should own a scope that can do what you want at those distances. I would argue, you should be around $2k budget for that quality of a scope. At $2k you could look at a Vortex razor Gen II, the new Nightforce NX8 line or even a demo condition ATACR for just over $2k at EuroOptic.

If it is at all possible, I would suggest increasing your budget a little. If you have enough practice at 1000 yards that you feel comfortable shooting a mile, then you get to shoot more than most. You should own a scope that can do what you want at those distances. I would argue, you should be around $2k budget for that quality of a scope. At $2k you could look at a Vortex razor Gen II, the new Nightforce NX8 line or even a demo condition ATACR for just over $2k at EuroOptic.
I wish I could or maybe save longer