• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 1 mile scope

What's your opinion on swfa 5-20 hd? They sell a aftermarket zero stop I know the reticle isnt my favorite but for a mile its not crazy busy 30 mil elevation so dial and I hear glass is on par with razor gen 1 and some people say close to or just as good as razor gen 2 and its 20 power

Oh wow great deal stupid question how doni get to the px? Or to this where scope is

What's your opinion on swfa 5-20 hd? They sell a aftermarket zero stop I know the reticle isnt my favorite but for a mile its not crazy busy 30 mil elevation so dial and I hear glass is on par with razor gen 1 and some people say close to or just as good as razor gen 2 and its 20 power

A few years ago it was awesome
Now.
Not so much.
It’s a great scope but there’s better options now for the money especially if you buy used.

I think the reason you're seeing the Razor/Stryker/ATACR suggestions is that they really are a lot more scope than the Cronus/SWFA. I've owned or have decent experience with everything in this price range you're considering, and I agree with the recommendations to either get the SWFA for $800 used or Cronus for $1k-ish used, or if you're going past the $1k mark, just jump to the Razor/Stryker. Just my $.02

you could get the 5x50x56 34mm delta stryker hd its 1500 something + shipping less cost than the nf more mag less elevation but glass every bit as good . more cost than the athlon's , but way more mag you just have to find the sale online not sure if they are even that price still . at least worth considering . https://www.edgunwest.com/store/scopes/item/delta-stryker-hd-5-50x56-sfp/ last place i saw it on sale . or optic trade eu has them in stock 1609 .what ever you buy good luck and much fun you got a mile to shoot you suck .... lol

I think the reason you're seeing the Razor/Stryker/ATACR suggestions is that they really are a lot more scope than the Cronus/SWFA. I've owned or have decent experience with everything in this price range you're considering, and I agree with the recommendations to either get the SWFA for $800 used or Cronus for $1k-ish used, or if you're going past the $1k mark, just jump to the Razor/Stryker. Just my $.02
Thank you very much and I'm looking around. Found a swfa for 899

you could get the 5x50x56 34mm delta stryker hd its 1500 something + shipping less cost than the nf more mag less elevation but glass every bit as good . more cost than the athlon's , but way more mag you just have to find the sale online not sure if they are even that price still . at least worth considering . https://www.edgunwest.com/store/scopes/item/delta-stryker-hd-5-50x56-sfp/ last place i saw it on sale . or optic trade eu has them in stock 1609 .what ever you buy good luck and much fun you got a mile to shoot you suck .... lol
Thank you and yes very luck lol its fun

I wish I could or maybe save longer
If you can get by for now with what you have, I think you will be happier if you save a little longer and get something a little more suited to your needs. Right now I feel you compromising to accommodate your budget. I really feel you will be better off in the long run if you hold off on the purchase until you can get around that $2k or more budget. The scope options at that price range will be perfect for you and you wont need to compromise on anything.

Reactions: acudaowner
I know you’ve already purchased...I’ve been using an extra Nightforce Competition scope on my 28 Nosler and really appreciate being able to crank it up around 40x to see my shots or splashes at 1800 yards.

I know you’ve already purchased...I’ve been using an extra Nightforce Competition scope on my 28 Nosler and really appreciate being able to crank it up around 40x to see my shots or splashes at 1800 yards.
My rifle is done yet so hopefully I get to find out but was looking threw very impressed so far. We usually shoot rocks where we shoot so easy read on hits