• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

10/22 with Eley Flat Point Ammo

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
Has anyone had reliable feeding of this ammo in a 10/22? Mine has a Kidd barrel. The ammo seems accurate, but it just refuses to feed reliably (as in at least 4 jams per 10 rounds). Magazines are standard Ruger. Have not experienced thisproblem with any other ammo; only the flat point.

Thank you,
Richard

I have 2 x 10/22's that have both fed it fine but i'm talking about a really small sample size here, probably less than 100 rounds. 1 has a GM barrel, 1 has a kidd. I don't make a habbit of feeding black box to my 10/22's, usually stick to CCI standard or SK standard/wolf MT. I did recently do a thorough cleaning and switched to a dry lube, that might have helped. Also, i dissassembled my mags and cleaned them up real well and made sure they were adjusted properly, might try that. I didn't try any of the black box dirty or with traditional lubrication so i don't have any before and after trials-Norcal911