• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

130 eldm jump

Mumzergadol

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 29, 2018
    Hi all... Loading a combination of Fgmm brass, Srp with cci primers and RL16.

speeds are good, es is 5-7 from 2850-2925 but group sizes are hovering around 1moa for 5. The gun shoots factory into half that.

Any recommendations on how. Much to jump the eldms? At Sami nominal coal it's jumping 79 thou

Try a different powder if RL16 isn’t working or try a different bullet if the RL16 is a must. I recently learned this lesson after trying to force combinations to work in my rifles that wouldn’t. It did nothing but waste components and my time.

I also haven’t seen bullet jump make much of a difference. Changing seating depth expecting to make a 1” group shrink to half is not likely to happen. Changing components likely will.

Reactions: JerkyFreak
    Sooo... Maybe this is the exception because this is the 130@ . 012 off.
    1000005766.jpg
    Yep... That's 3, with two through the lower hole. And then again at. 20

1000005770.jpg

Pattern continues to [email protected]

1000005773.jpg

My words such as “I haven’t seen” and “likely/most likely” wouldn’t point to your rifle being an “exception”. 😂

If you loaded and shot enough to verify and prove what you just posted then it looks like you could be done if satisfied. Have you had time yet?

I literally just did that last night after reading someone else's thread. I'll admit I was pretty shocked too.

Sample. Size is obviously small - only loaded 3 @ each length - but the trend line sure was promising. Will definitely try more. That best group is in the 3's maybe. Even if it doubles with 5rds, I'll be happy. The gun is a solus I screwed together in my garage and dropped in a used stock I had sitting here! 😂

Reactions: wade2big
    I literally just did that last night after reading someone else's thread. I'll admit I was pretty shocked too.

Sample. Size is obviously small - only loaded 3 @ each length - but the trend line sure was promising. Will definitely try more. That best group is in the 3's maybe. Even if it doubles with 5rds, I'll be happy. The gun is a solus I screwed together in my garage and dropped in a used stock I had sitting here! 😂
    Make sure to update the thread!!!

Thats what that post is... The update. Shot that after I asked the question
    Not what I meant. I mean update when you shoot more than 3 rounds of the load. I’ve seen a single bug hole 5 shot group be a one off and not worth a dang when put to the test. I’d like to see it proven that just changing seating depth could actually turn a bad load into a good one. I’d reconsider my position to the contrary if so.