1500 yd range near Dallas "update:open shoot"

Re: opening 1000-2000 range near Dallas, need partner

I guess I will have to drive my ass up to Dallas one of these days once I get my .300 WM built. I lived right next to a gun range in Panola County. My parents used to complain (to themselves) about the shooting. But after awhile, we become used to the sounds and was naturally flushed out from our ears. Though sometimes when we had company over, they would ask if the shooting ever got on our nerves...the usual response was "what shooting?".

I have moved out of the Dallas area 3 years ago. I visit with family at least once a year. I have a BUNCH of shooting Buddies there in the DFW area, and I am sure we could make a day of it if it can be a pay to play situation.

Please consider that, and I am sure your business will thrive!!

DK

I don't live in Dallas... but my brother does. And he and I are both gun nuts. I really hope you are able to get this place set up! I've got a new 50 BMG just waiting to stretch its legs.

Re: opening 1500 range near Dallas "update"

It's been about 2 months since the last update so I will fill you guys in. I've been overseas for the past month and a half so not much physically has changed.

Coming up in July... Texas is trying to pass new legislation to protect shooting ranges from noise complaints and nuisance ect. If HB-1595 passes, only pre-existing ranges will be covered. The deadline for having a club up and running is Sept. I do not plan on pushing dirt until Nov. You can see my delimma here.

So here is what im doing, because this is a prvate club on private land anyways, I need 20 people to come out one weekend and sign up for a temp membership and shoot some steel out to 900 yds (thats as far as i have cleared so far) Texas considers a gun club to have at least 20 members who have shot within the past year, hence i need 20 guys to come out and shoot. Temp membership is $10. This will probably happen on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July. If you have any interest in coming out to see the layout and hear what we are building then shoot me a PM or email me at the address in the OP.

Thanks for the strong support, This is going to be Your range...

Goose

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Temp membership is $10. This will probably happen on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of July.</div></div>
I will most likely be oversees at that time but I am sure you won't have trouble finding volunteers.

Make it the 3rd weekend in July as I know of at least 5-10 SH member going to CKA's range on the 9th. I am sure some of them would head over to your place the next weekend to help out.

Gasoline and penis replacers?! I think not!

Rather have bikini babes fan us while shooting and massage tired shoulders after!
grin.gif

I have seen the plans for the range. Its going to be a badass place. Goose has some great ideas for the future. The tournaments are going to be great with the current design scheme. If you have the time and are in the area (can't beat the distance to Dallas) you should definitely come out and support the range.

I'm interested in coming out that weekend...; did we happen to meet and shoot together at Adam Lucksinger's Mesquite Ranch match back in February (i.e. is this Adam?)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested in coming out that weekend...; did we happen to meet and shoot together at Adam Lucksinger's Mesquite Ranch match back in February (i.e. is this Adam?)? </div></div>

yes, this is the OTHER Adam... is this Mr. Analyst?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested in coming out that weekend...; did we happen to meet and shoot together at Adam Lucksinger's Mesquite Ranch match back in February (i.e. is this Adam?)? </div></div>

yes, this is the OTHER Adam... is this Mr. Analyst?</div></div>

I sent you a PM; I was shooting on the same squad with you at that Mesquite Creek Ranch (MCR) tactical precision rifle match and remember you telling me about it then...

thanks for the turn out, here are some pics from this weekend, I'll be sending out an email to the guys who showed up to ask about thoughts, comments, suggestions..
284201_1803914348528_1559953035_31444892_3271747_n.jpg

268074_1803915788564_1559953035_31444896_3468109_n.jpg

284738_1803913868516_1559953035_31444891_7181836_n.jpg

a few hits on the 1000
IMAG0180.jpg

only 4 hits on the 1100
IMAG0181.jpg

ZERO hits on the 1200, looks like NTRP may get a few more students
IMAG0182.jpg

and one lucky shot at 1500 by Jordan, first round hit

IMAG0184.jpg

Looks like a good turn out. Glad you got the numbers you needed. If you need any help just sing out.Looking forward to your next open day. Im in...

Can I get more info me and my buddies would love to come out and shoot that far( got plenty or rifles) too bad I just found this thread I went to Eastland last weekend to work on the deer lease would have been there anyday!!! Thanks
P.S. By info I mean location, and when your gonna be up and running thanks.

shot it saturday, mirage past 900 was a bitch, had a great time. nice place, met some good people. thanks goose, keep us posted for next shoot. mike

Thanks again for setting up the shoot Adam! It was a lot of fun and good to meet some people from the boards there too.

To the people that were wearing shemaghs - I have never tried one, are they really worthwhile? If so, where do you normally pick them up from?