• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

175 match burner in 06

Lol!
The ‘06 crowd seems thinner these days, but they’re still around. And I’m just one of the newer old guys.

I have not started loading for my ‘06 yet, so still interested in everyone’s experiences. I’ve followed threads for years and shot some factory loads in mine, but honestly always seem to have other projects. I’m the most interested in the 180-198g bullet range right now.

But I am still interested in your experiences with he 175 Match Burner. No good load info shall go unposted, say I.

I've tried the Match Burners in my Garand and my Rem700. Neither one liked them at all. I did shoot them in my 308 bolt action for awhile then all of the sudden they wouldn't group at all, I'm talking shotgun pattern type groups. I figured it was lot to lot inconsistencies and stopped using them.

I do use Berger 185 VLD hunting bullets in my 30-06 Remington CDL and they shoot lights out.

58.3gr Ramshot Hunter and Federal 215 primers with Federal brass.

Velocity is 2750 out of a 22" barrel and suppressed. I got better speeds with Superformance and decent groups, but it's very dirty with a suppressor.

Reactions: lash