• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 2018 is almost over , what scopes are you waiting on to come out or purchase?

What scope(s) are you insterested in buying ? Feel free to post it if not listed

• Zero Compromise 4-20

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Zero Compromise 5-27

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • Tangent Theta 5-25 with Gen 3 XR

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Kahles 5-25

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Kahles 3-18

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Minox ZP5 5-25 MR4

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Steiner M7Xi IFS 4-28×56 IFS

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Nightforce 7-35 F1 with rumored tree

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Nightforce 5-25 F1 with rumored tree

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • S&B with LRR Reticle

Votes: 12 7.7%

• Total voters
I'd like to see the ZCO 4-20 and the Steiner M7xi non-ifs although from what I keep hearing, I'm not going to hold my breath expecting the Steiner to hit the US market by the end of this year.

That said, I did pick up another Minox Zp5 to hold me over and am content with that purchase for now. There's a few minor things I'd like to see change on the Minox but so far so good. Maybe in the future I'll see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSTactical
I voted for:

-ZCO 5-27x
-TT 5-25x Gen3XR
-Kahles 5-25x
-Minox ZP5 MR4
-NF 5-25x F1 w/ rumored tree

In all honesty, the TT is out of my price range for the foreseeable future, but the reticle is a definite improvement and a step in the right direction for TT. The ZCO is barely inside my range at the stated MSRP. The rest I could swing within the next year or so (just one of them, mind you), especially at used prices.

Discounting the TT, my order of interest on that list is ZCO, Khales/Minox tied, NF at the rear. I've never owned an NF optic, and have minimal exposure to them. I'd love to try one, but I am waiting for a tree reticle before I do so. Once I've tried one, their placing could change.

I'm an old Sightron fan, still have several of the 6-24x50 SIII w/mil hash reticle. Tried using one in my early PRS-style match experience, but after losing track of my zero and zeroing a couple of stages due to that foopah, I gave up on that scope. But would like to see the SV 4.5-24x56, since it's a ffp with 34mm tube, ED glass, and what looks like a very usable reticle. Sightron's website says it's got a mechanical zero stop, so that pretty well checks all my boxes. Not that I feel the SV would replace my Kahles K624i AMR scopes, but would really like to get my hands on one anyway.

I'm an old Sightron fan, still have several of the 6-24x50 SIII w/mil hash reticle. Tried using one in my early PRS-style match experience, but after losing track of my zero and zeroing a couple of stages due to that foopah, I gave up on that scope. But would like to see the SV 4.5-24x56, since it's a ffp with 34mm tube, ED glass, and what looks like a very usable reticle. Sightron's website says it's got a mechanical zero stop, so that pretty well checks all my boxes. Not that I feel the SV would replace my Kahles K624i AMR scopes, but would really like to get my hands on one anyway.
I looked again at the website and didn't see any mention of a mechanical zero stop. I may be overlooking it.
It does have locking turrets.
I can tell you for certain, mine does not have one.
(I got #6 of the very first batch into the country)

Reactions: LRDD
Beats me - maybe I imagined it. Went back to the Sightron website & looked again - no joy in finding any mention of a zero stop. It was just this morning while I was reading through a few threads here, then decided to check out their website - weird to have seen it then, and not be able to find any reference to it this evening when I double-checked.

Here's the deal from my perspective though - I don't shoot a 308. My comp rifles are chambered for 6mm or 6.5mm rounds, and going one revolution or 10 mils would get me out as far as I normally shoot in either a match or practice. Don't often see the need for a zero stop, although it would sure be nice to have it - just in case. If these new SV scopes are good enough optically & in tracking to please me, I wouldn't let the lack of a ZS stop me from buying one of these scopes.

If we all say something other than ZComp 5-27x56, and act like we don’t want one, will that potentially bring down the MSRP? If that’s the case, I most certainly DO NOT want the ZComp 5-27x56 with MPCT1 Reticle.

How about the mil/mil Revic scope? From what I've read, the electronics seem to work well and I'd like to hear more field reports about how the well the package works.

The Revic in about 2 more gen’s when they lose about 12 oz or so. I’d love to have one for hunting but not at 47 oz.

I want a Schmidt Bender 5-45 High Power with the new MSR2 reticle,
IMG_20180119_145242300_HDR.jpg
and the new .05-mil step multi-turn turret as pictured. The turret has a lever that allows you to go from no MTC, through various stages of MTC, to locking the turret.

With that scope, it would force me to build a 375 Cheytac.

Reactions: oinco
Revic Mil/Mil or the Steiner IFS. My next scope will have a solver built in with a Display.

That said, if the Steiner has Bluetooth and can't talk to a terrapin X, F that. Who the hell delivers a scope that is 9/10 awesome, 1/10 complete hilarious buttfucking failure? Oh yeah....everyone.

I am waiting in the Steiner, has the reticle I like and from what I read (waiting to handle one) the glass is great and I like the magnification range. Hope everything I hear about it is true... I heard they will be available in December.

Were you able to get any Zero Compromise scopes in? The last I had heard was back from September saying the expected release would be early October. Just curious if anyone has had their hands on them yet.

Not yet but hopefully soon :)

What's this "soon" stuff ? Per your website, if you plunk down 36 Benjamin's and back order one, it usually ships in 3-4 days. :p