• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

.22 LR ammo blocks, UPDATED

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
<span style="color: #CC0000">As posted I made a few extras. I have 10 available and ready to ship, 5 in bullet up config, and 5 bullet down.

Thanks!</span>

I don't come to the rimfire section often, but I had a request from another forum to make .22LR blocks, So I made some.

If anyone is interested, I can still make these.

$15 each, they hold 50 rounds and you can orient the bullet up or down.

Let me know.. Best way to contact me is via email. [email protected]

Thanks!
-Tom

P1000561.jpg

P1000560.jpg

Re: .22 LR ammo blocks, if you haven't seen them...

they look good.

just a suggestion, if i may, and if you think you may put a little work into it, on the .22lr for smallbore silhouette, a groove or two to generically hold 2 mags, and maybe mount it on some sort of small clip board that can hold a score card. at a minimum you only need 40 ammo holes for that, what ever is left could be used to cut in the mag holder slots (maybe even a pen holder).

i know that'll cost more, they may sell well cutomized in such a fashion, just a thought.

I am doing ammo testing with my Cooper TRP-1 for my gun club's 300 yard .22 LR only metal buffalo silhouette fun shoot. These blocks are exactly what I have been looking for to do my tests. Great looking product, I am sure there will be fellow 22 shooters at my gun club that will want one also. Email sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm going off topic for a second,

DR PHIL, please let us know how those dies work out, or work at all. either a post or PM. thanks.

ok back on topic. </div></div>
Will do...
I'll either start a new thread or revive the old one that is around here somewhere.
I also plan on testing out the white lithium grease trick that one of the AMU guys posted about a while back.
Anyhow, I don't expect to be able to do a full test regiment until May.
(My dance card is pretty full at the moment...)

I can't wait to recieve my new loading blocks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What white lithium grease trick? I have neils dies buried in the back of my shed right now... </div></div>
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1388373
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1SMALLJOHNSON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys- You asked, I'll tell my story. I did a lot of work on lubricants while at the AMU. Got a good lead from a cast bullet NRA publication, back in the 70's. Turns out that white lithium grease is virtually impervious to temperature and pressure and works as a really good bullet lubricant. Problem is, it's messy, and the production guys can't figure a way to put it on bullets without it coming off. Less of a problem if you're set up in a back yard shop. I tried it on .375 H&H. Worked. Tried it on .38 spl. Worked. Tried it on .22 LR. REALLY worked.

My application method: Get an Eley box, complete with bullet tray. Take the box top and make some cut-outs so that the top can be used as a "sqeegee", placing just the right amount of white lithium in the bottom of the tray, and therefore on the tips of the bullets, when loaded in the tray. You'll have to experiment to get the right level, but basically to my recollection, it looked like a dab the volume of a BB. I both chrono'd the ammo and ran test groups. Holy cow, did that stuff make a difference. Went from a 10 SD to less than 5. Groups were the tightest I'd ever shot.

I've recently been looking for tubs of white lithium, but can't find any. Maybe the Obama administration banned it or something, knowing I wanted it for bullet making... </div></div>

A couple of weeks or so ago someone else decided to make some of these 22lr loading blocks.

I suggested that he try and market them to the reloaders on rimfirecentral.com. since they are experienced reloaders.

I understand that he is making a killing there, but there is nothing wrong with good ole competetion to get the price competitive.

Got my blocks from Tom a couple of weeks ago.
Incredible product at a great price.

Now I just have to find the time to do all this testing with my Waltz die, sorting by rim thickness, lithium grease, and tuning the bedding on my 10/22.
It will be an adventure for sure...

My grandson and I got our 22 blocks a couple of weeks ago. THEY ARE SHARP...! We've used them in 2 weekly matches. They work as well as they look.

Good job, Tom.
Victor

I also ordered and received 5 blocks from Tom. I gave one to a gun club shooting pal as a gift, which he really liked. The workmanship is outstanding. I will be using them in my 300 yard .22 LR only metal buffalo silhouette league.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gregch44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like 1 bullet up model. PM sent. </div></div>

Thanks. I received this today, and it is a very nice piece of kit. I definately recomend them to all.

That's pretty awesome!

28 years ago in wood shop I had to have a project to make so I made one of these.

I laid the bullets out in target format so I knew which target I was hitting wiht, 5 spotters for prone, 2 fot sitting, 2 for kneeling, and one for offhand....

The good old days- so to see these in Aluminum - awesome!!
smile.gif

That's pretty awesome!

28 years ago in wood shop I had to have a project to make so I made one of these.

I laid the bullets out in target format so I knew which target I was hitting wiht, 5 spotters for prone, 2 fot sitting, 2 for kneeling, and one for offhand....

The good old days- so to see these in Aluminum - awesome!!
smile.gif
Any chance you still make these and sell them?

Any chance you still make these and sell them?

I spent quite a bit of effort trying to source something similar. Was able to to find Ty at www. LongRangeAccuracy.net who just knocked out a couple for me last week. They usually do reloading blocks but were able to knock out a couple to spec for a good price ($36 for 2, shipped). They are solid! If you're interested, I can get to the specs I used and my invoice # for reference.

20200101_163528.jpg