• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

22 spinner target

OP is wanting to make one. I've never made one, but I'd also like to know size, thickness , distance so I could throw one together. I'd prefer not to use my brain after work lol.

I meant one that spins all the way around if you time multiple shots. I might build one soon. I built this to put in my yard, just shoot out the front door of my "Tavern"
IMG_5821.JPG

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
Regarding spinners........I see lots of people trying for multiple hits and getting a full spin. Isn't there a chance of hitting that thing flush and getting something coming back? Its RF....i get it, not the most dangerous thing around but i frequently have kids on my range. Any thoughts? Perhaps increase range? Maybe weld the targets on so that even at rest they have a downward angle? I'd think no matter what, at some point its going to be at 90 degrees

Regarding spinners........I see lots of people trying for multiple hits and getting a full spin. Isn't there a chance of hitting that thing flush and getting something coming back? Its RF....i get it, not the most dangerous thing around but i frequently have kids on my range. Any thoughts? Perhaps increase range? Maybe weld the targets on so that even at rest they have a downward angle? I'd think no matter what, at some point its going to be at 90 degrees

Because the bullet is imparting some of its energy into the target, and because the target is deflecting upon impact, it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get a ricochet back at the shooter. And, my experience has been that 22lr fragments into small pieces when it hits a steel target. At rifle ranges, I don't have any concern about ricochets with 22lr and swinging steel targets.

Reactions: mrt949