• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

22 Training Rifle

Re: 22 Training Rifle

Yep, the Savage Mark II's fit it. So do the CZ's, 10/22's, Marlin's, Kimber 82G's...

What's in the banks budget?

and

What features would you like in it? ie. Bolt, semi-auto, wood, synthetic, open sights, scoped...

Mine is an earlier version of the MKII-F, bought used around year 2000, and it works like a charm. Pretty accurate for a sporter weight barrel, too. 100yd main group (with flyers outside, I think the cheapo Fed 550 bulk ammo had something to do with that) averages 1"-2" off the bench and bipod. Paid $125 used, with a hunting scope mounted, included. Bargain.

I'll take a look at the Savage and the CZ. I have a 10/22 but would like to get a bolt rifle.I have a scope ready to mount, and would like to keep the rifle price under $500 if that can be done.

Thanks for the help!

I have a Savage F/TR 308 so a single shot rimfire might fit the bill. As far as a tacticool setup, That don't really matter to me.
Wood or synthetic? Either would be ok

Just trying to cut costs, also with a rimfire I could probably shoot in my back yard and not bother the neighbors with to much noise. With the rimfire I could shoot everyday instead of driving 90 minutes each way to the range to shoot the bigger calibers.