• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

.224 Valkarye Accuracy Experience

Nope ... but I will this Friday, and share with this thread.
Cool. I’ve got one of the WOA 24” varmint 6.5t barrels. I don’t know if I’ll have it built by this weekend, but it would be interesting to compare results. I know my 22” WOA has been consistently sub-moa with the FGMM 90’s, so your experience has me a bit perplexed.

Reactions: TACC
Big difference right there

I am also building a Krieger/WOA 24" +2 1:6.5 twist upper and should have it back in a week or so.

As soon as I can get to a range I'll see what I can get started also.

Going to run factory 88's as well.
Mine is the 22" Varmint Barrel but yours is the Krieger upgrade. I hope you have better luck than I do with the heavier bullets. Let's compare notes ... as your odyssey is starting, and mine is in the latter stages. More Friday (with photos).

Cool. I’ve got one of the WOA 24” varmint 6.5t barrels. I don’t know if I’ll have it built by this weekend, but it would be interesting to compare results. I know my 22” WOA has been consistently sub-moa with the FGMM 90’s, so your experience has me a bit perplexed.
Tell me about it ... I've been nothing but perplexed since Version-1 of my .224-V odyssey. Now on Version-3 ... and still struggling.

I’m going through the same head scratching with a 22 Grendel. 80 eldm and Hornady 75s will shoot 3 shots touching, Then throw two fliers that open the groups to about 1.4” or so. Just got some 73 and 88 eldm to try. Also have some 69smk to try. Have been using CFE powder, which came recommended by barrel smith. Plan on doing a full write up on it, but I want to figure it out first.

Both of mine shot great from the start. The first was a 24" 6.5 twist shilen and it loves federal GM 90s, the Hornady 88s were MOA on average, not what I call good.
My best loads for the rifle is with 95 SMKs , Reloader 17 and Winchester 760. The group with RL 17 is six shots, after I chummed one high I had to send another, the win 760 is five. I've gotten first round hits on Praire dogs out to 750 yards with this combo and some steel plates shooting past 1000.
The last Valkyrie I put together I used a 18.5" 1-7" twist carbon fiber BSF barrel for a light weight coyote rifle.
After a 20 shot clean and shoot break in, it was smoking the factory federal 60s ballistic tips, sub 1/2 moa. This barrel also doesn't like factory hornady 88s, but shoots the 90s in the 3/4" range.
I probably won't bother working up a load for the 18.5" since I just use it for day hunting, sometimes at night with PVS-30 . I'm just going to get a case of the federal 60s.
I actually drew first blood with it last week. Called in a nice plump female coyote and drilled her with factory Hornady black 75 BTHP and she dropped on the spot.
Ive had good luck with the round so far and found it easy to load for with several different powders. I also know all ammo lots are not created equil. I noticed some lot #s shot better than others with the factory federal 90s.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: lash