• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

.22LR Wolf Ammo

Re: .22LR Wolf Ammo

I ordered my last batch from Sportsmans Guide. I had a coupon and it ended up being $47/500 shipped, BUT when I got it they shipped me 10 individual boxes with differing lot numbers so it pretty much pointless. I ordered 500 of Eley sport a few weeks later and it was the same way so this is standard practice for them.

+1 on Sportsmans Guide. Their operations are curious. I got a case of Wolf Target from them last spring. Ordered in Feb and finally received in late April after several backorder emails from them. I did receive the whole 5K rounds, 100 boxes, but they weren't in bricks, loose packaged in a big box. Weird. Same lot number though so I was satisfied, $2.42/box to boot. The guys at rimfirecentral.com were all over it.

Championshooters.com (great company & you can specify your lot preference), Natchez is solid too. I've also found Fed 711b to equal the Wolf in my Annie and Savage. Similar price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you may try to post for others who may want to sell a brick or two I picked up Eley red box list $17.00 a box for $10.00 a box all same lot # </div></div>

The CMP recently sold out a bunch of cases of this stuff that was given over to them from the Army. Sold out quick.

Wolf Match Extra is way overrated.

whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf Match Extra is way overrated.

whistle.gif
</div></div>

Very true - I have found Wolf ME to be a little tighter than MT at 50 yards with less fliers but about 1 misfire per box. Also beyond 50 yards it opens up. WOlf MT or SK Std Plus is my way to go.