• See The Results, Run The Bolt Tee

Available for a limited time. Grab yours now!

Shop
  • Having trouble using the site?

Post any issues in the thread below or reach out directly to support!

View thread Contact support

.277 Sig Fury release date?

titencortex

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Considering the entire gun and ammo industry is a bit busy at the moment, I can only assume they have bigger priorities - like cranking out semis of 5.56, 9mm, etc to be bought up from big box stores by scalpers and flipped on Gunbroker and at gun shows for 3x retail.

Reactions: Rant Durden
Considering the entire gun and ammo industry is a bit busy at the moment, I can only assume they have bigger priorities - like cranking out semis of 5.56, 9mm, etc to be bought up from big box stores by scalpers and flipped on Gunbroker and at gun shows for 3x retail.

The only thing that sells more than sex is fear.

People are all scared because oh no, a democrat. For how many guns people own, sure are a bunch of nervous pussies every time a democrat steps into office. Lol.

And the gun industry knows this, markets towards it, and takes advantage of everyone's fear that their guns are going to get taken away... same $#!+ every election.

As for the 277 Fury, I hadn't seen this little guy, yet. Neat.

I have a conventional pressure wildcat designed that is quite similar... 277cal, Benchrest case, Ackley Improved case taper and 40° shoulder angle, per-caliber neck length.

So I am interested to see how the Fury petforms.

I've actually saw few boxes of it at Bass Pro in Ft Lauderdale on Friday. I've picked up last five boxes of 6.5 Grendel. They had some hunting ammo and some 308. No powder or primers of course

I also don't believe it has anything to do with a 9mm or 5.56 ammo shortage. That pipeline is already in place and they are cranking them out as they can. In fact, if I'm not mistaken they have expanded on ammunition manufacturing operations.

The NGSW contract bid is still in progress.
Just found this quote from military.com.

"The Army plans to select a single firm to make both the weapons and ammunition in the first quarter of fiscal 2022 and to begin fielding them to close-combat units in the fourth quarter of the same fiscal year."

....and it still won't keep up with the .270 mag's. I am not interested but, does anyone make a civilian rifle chambered in this round? (feeling mean today.)