300 WM brass?

hate paying $2 apiece. Will look at Norma.

I bought some Norma Brass for my 300wsm. I also hated to pay $2 apiece, but I started with 50 pieces and I have loaded it 13 times. I think it is near the end and I have plans to load it once more for hunting and not worry if the brass does not come home. I don't know if their 300wm brass will last that long, but it sure makes the $2 cost feel better.

Ha! That is the exact same post I made several years ago when I was figuring it all out.
Great price for 1x fired.
Usually some pro has used it for match.

Hands down Norma is the most consistent for the 300 WM. I would consider Federal or Winchester tied for 2nd. As long as you run the same lots with Fed or Win, do some weight sorting (+/- 2gr) you'll be good to go.

RWS or Norma. Nosler is good too but I've heard it's just Norma brass that has been sorted with stricter tolerances. Personally I use Norma bulk packaged from midway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion 168, my gun is a Gradous Built 300WM
Stiller Predator
#3 Bartlein
McMillian Hunter w Edge
Rem Btm Metal
Vias Break
Z6 Glass
Less than 8 lbs w Glass

I have 2 loads built, the one above is for 210 Berger VLD Hunting, its seated 2/100 off the lands and will shoot 1/4" when I do my part. Very sensitive to seating depth, liked to have never got it to shoot. Built this one just for my Elk hunts.

This gun Loves 208 A-Max - This will be my white tail load.
Load Data
208 A-Max
76.3 G H1000 2850 FPS
Fed 215M
Seated .039 off the lands
This load will shoot Sub Qtr. The A-Max is much easier to load than the Bergers, but I just couldn't get over using a target bullet on an Elk even though it would have probably done just fine.

I also tried to load 200g Accubonds and Barnes TTSX. My gun would absolutely not shoot Accubonds and the Barnes smeared Copper so bad once I got it clean I through them back on the shelf never to use again.

The Norma is well worth the money, buy them and just start loading!

Last edited:
I run Norma Brass and RWS. I have 10 reloads someof my RWS. I think Norma is a tiny bit better so I use for hunting. RWS is very strong very good. Black hills is crap IMHO.