• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

300 Yard .22LR -&- SH 200 Yard Gong Competition

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
Was on another website this afternoon and I found this which I thought was interesting. Be sure to check out the Link below;
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div> Yup,......"Buffalo League"

here's a link to the folks who invented it

Link: http://www.oscinc.org/buffalo.html

Saw it written up in a BPCR magazine, and was interested.
Our range out here is WAY to windy for 300 yard consistency,
so we scaled the targets back down in size to work at 200 meters ( normal full scale "Chicken Line")

Our targets are about 7 5/8" wide X 6" tall,.......falling steel silhouettes

Would be glad to send you a template for cutting a few out ( we now have 60 of em' + "swingers" for sighting in on)

Nice Family match, most folks are astounded at just how well a good .22LR will do, at extended ranges. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So,,, what scale would "actually" be used for 300 yard .22LR shooting - since the above "scaled" 300 yard shooting is done on a 7 5/8" wide x 6" tall target from 200 yards?

Also,,, as a side note, here at SH we shoot 200 yards at a 5" x 7" gong in our monthly matches, as well as a 3.5" disc from 100 yards.

Should we add another 200 yard challange of a 4" x 5" gong in our monthly 'gong' competition to make things a bit tougher?

Thoughts???

Re: 300 Yard .22LR -&- SH 200 Yard Gong Competition

"accept the challenges so you can feel the exhilaration of victory" ....george patton....

i don't mind the 5x7 @ 200, if anything scale back the size of the 100 yard from 3.5" to maybe 2.5 or 3" as 29 or 30 hits out of 30 shots is getting common.

something else to consider - if you choose:

do you think we should keep them all (100,200,300,sim300) round, or all square? i'm thinking one or the other should be implemented so as to give the same "visual" throughout the different ranges.

maybe a reduction of 30 rounds to 25 to even up ammo usage (50 in a box)

i tried to come up with a ratio from 100 to 200 to 300 and then reduce the size of the 300 to 200 as a sim 300 target, however my math is off and i keep getting f'd up results. for instance, we use 3.5 at 100, and 7"H at 200 (x2 from 100). does that mean the 300 (actual distance not simmed) target would be 10"Wx14"H (x2) or 7.5"Wx10.5"H (7"H + 3.5")? someone has to get out the slide ruler, and give a ratio of the size as we go out so we can make a determination of a 300 sim size.

the 300 sim target would have to be smaller than the 200 yard, to give the appearance of distance and the simulation of a wider group.

once again, this is your show and a group effort at the same time. see what everyone thinks and come up with the ruling.

Lets leave this open for discussion and carry on as we are for now.

Over the winter we should be able to gather some more data on scale for 100, 200, & 300 yards, then we can re'address our target size I'm thinking.

I do like the idea of cutting back from 30 rounds to 25 rounds on our 100 & 200 yard shooting per target. Like you said, it does even up a 50 round box of ammo.

We need some more input folks.
smile.gif

Having shot at both a 3.5" disk and a 4x6 gong at 200y these are real small targets, most folks will get less than 5 hits out of 10.

6x6 is a realistic minimum 200 yard target.

300 yards is a diffrent game. All kinds of things are diff at 300, muzzle velocity an wind.

for 300 yards, I'd reccomend starting with a 14x24
then move to a 9x15.

400 yards is even ......

No matter what, a 300 yard challenge would be fun regardless of the target size.

I have a 12x18 steel rectangle that I use, however i've only been to 200 with the .22 so far. I'm going to get a 20moa base ordered so I can reach out to 300. At 200 that target is quite large, and easy to get hits on even in the 11-14mph full-value wind that I was shooting in.

My thinking on the scaling is to scale up the targets 50% from the 200 yard size, I think that's about the right scale up. I can't fully explain my thought process, but doubling the 100 yard target for the 200y target makes sense, you doubled the distance, however going from 200 to 300 you're only increasing the distance 50% over the 200y, so perhaps that scaling will work. I didn't run the numbers, i'm just throwing this thought out, hopefully y'alls don't reply back and call me stupid.

No matter what, it would be fun. I'm looking forward to slinging slow lead bullets over a steep arc onto my 300y target whenever I have the base to do it.

Branden

If one were to look at the NRA 50 yard small bore paper target (TQ 3/1) we see the 10 Ring being 7/8" and the 9 Ring being 1 7/8".

Using this as a starting point the scale (if we were to double the 50 yard 9 Ring of 1 7/8" would equal 3 3/4" at 100 yards;

9 Ring Scale

50 yards..... 1 7/8"
100 yards.... 3 3/4"
150 yards.... 5 5/8"
200 yards.... 7 1/2"
250 yards.... 9 3/8"
300 yards.... 11 1/4"

10 Ring Scale

50 yards..... 7/8"
100 yards.... 1 3/4"
150 yards.... 2 1/2"
200 yards.... 3 3/8"
250 yards.... 4 1/4"
300 yards.... 5 1/8"

Let's take a look at a '9.5" Ring Scale'

9.5" Ring Scale (let's call it 1 3/8" instead of the closer 1 5/16"

50 yards..... 1 3/8"
100 yards.... 2 3/4"
150 yards.... 4 1/8"
200 yards.... 5 1/2"
250 yards.... 6 7/8"
300 yards.... 8 1/4"

Finding the scale that works best for our usage which retains a challenging degree for the limitations of our ammo appears to fall within the '9 and 9.5 Ring Scale' from what I'm seeing based on my math being right, or at least in the neighborhood?

I would love to see a 300 yard gong match. Yeah shooting out at 300 yards is pretty tough. The gong would have to be pretty large. If you just turn over the 100 yard target we're using you get 14x14. That's pretty good. I normally use a 12" round shoot n c at 300.

I also love the idea of cutting back to 25 rounds. I could then get two matches out of one box of ammo instead of one.

I'm not sure it is a linear scale from 50 to 100 to 200 to 300 yards.

I think the circular capacity of rimfire guns are:

<100 yards = 1MOA
100 to 200 yards =2MOA
200 to 300 yards = 3MOA

An 8 1/4 target at 300 is going to be a nice challenge since most rimfires can't shoot a 9 inch group at that distance.

Maybe the guy who posted the scoop on Eley ammo that used alot of techniques gained from the benchrest game( Carter somebody??)

But for the rest of us I think 9 inches would be the minimum.

I like Joe's reasoning on the 9.5 scoring ring approximation.
If you just use an 8.5x11 standard sheet of paper for the 300 yd. target, you can draw a nice 5x7 rectangle (200 yd) around a 3.5 circle for the 100 yard. Copy a few of them and you are set to go which ever distance you choose to shoot.

We could also require anybody shooting a custom 40X to reduce their targets by 20% or so - just to make it fair...
grin.gif

8.5x11 would be cool for the 300 yard gong. Those white printer pages are just bright enough to see the holes with the spotting scope. I agree with Shiraz that 9 would definitely have to be the minimum. I'd like to see a little bit larger. I understand keeping with scale and all, but a lot of stuff happens on the way out to 300 yards.

I thought I saw someone mention the idea of a 6" round gong for 200 yards. I think that would be cool too. I guess I'm good either way with that.

Yeah Kabong that's what I do. I take the tq-4 target, turn it over, draw a big black x where the x mark is on the target side, then measure out and draw the gong. Then I fire away at the gong side. That way I can compete in a gong and points match at the same time. Good idea for saving ammo.

And screw after winter. Let's get it on!

ok seems there's an agreement to do 25 rounds instead of 30.

i also like joe's reasoning on the 300 yard paper target, we should calculate the rest of the rings.

how aboout gong size? do you guys think 3.5 @ 100 is too big?

once we decide firm on that size we can get firm on size and shape @ 200, then scale it out to 300.

but i believe joe's original post delt with a target placed at 200 that would simulate a 300 yard target. obviously with the .22 the group size would be very different at 300 than 200.

also, the target used would be larger at 300. we just have to find out what that size would be, and how much smaller would it have to be (ratio wise) at 200 to give it that 300 simulation....

in the end, is doing a simulated 300, if it can be done, defeating the purpose as the group size is totally different at 300 that 200?

I'm totally down with 25 rounds instead of 30.

Personally, I do think that 3.5" is too big of a 100 yard gong even for the 22LR's.

IMO, coming from the .17hmr side of things, going from 100 to 200 is pretty easy. However, going from 200 to 300 is pretty damn tough.

Some good discussion points by all have been made here.

I would like to add this. Let's not rush to get something in place that may end up being changed down the road once again after we have the new Rules and Regulations in place for our matches for the sake of expediency.

Good foundation laying now will benefit all of us and the new comers to our matches once we hammer out a good workable set of challenging matches.

Remember, we still have the current matches in place to keep us going until we've worked out the details of the new target scales. With this said, I do believe we can institute the 25 Round Rule now into the current Matches starting in January. I will make those rule changes before we head into January 2010.

I would prefer we leave the 25 & 50 Yard 4-Position Matches as they are. I know we are not discussing those, but just want to put that out there.

Question: Do we need the gong matches? Should we use our gongs we each have now for sighter shots and adopt an all paper long range shooting matches of 100, 200, and 300 yards at those actual ranges?

Someone mentioned 8.5 x 11 copy paper as a possible solution to target gong sizes. Not a bad idea if it is decided to keep gongs? Again, I'm just putting this out there.

If we were to go all paper matches - the point value on the target itself would allow enough variance in monthly scores to keep things interesting and I believe challenging.

The A21 200 yard target has been a staple here at SH since we started doing this but perhaps it is to big for 200 yard shooting especially since I believe we're all using scopes with long range setups? Were we using an Open Iron Sight setup or Military Aperature, I could see the A21 Target being the thing to use at 200 yards. Scoped rifles however have me wondering why we need such a big paper target at 200 yards?

Continuing along with the long range scope setup line of thinking, I'm thinking that the following targets would be more of a challenge from the following ranges;

100 yards.....(A32) 50 ft target with 1 7/8" Black (this is a 5 bull record target with 1 bull practice target.

200 yards.....(TQ-3/1, A9) which is the 50 yard NRA Target with 3 7/8" Black and overall o/s to outside 5 Ring at 5 7/8 inches.

300 yards.....(TQ-4, A14) which is the NRA 100 yard target with 8" Black and I believe 11 7/8" outside Ring measurement.

To me I see this as doable for the long range shooting as we're shooting from either the bench or prone (same shooting rules apply), and we use the gong(s) we have at our disposal for sighter shots at 100, 200, and 300 actual yards.

Again, targets can be purchase in as little as 25 count or more from the link below, and you can also see the targets I mentioned above for 100, 200, & 300 yard shooting. Click on the Small Bore Targets;

http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/

Again, this is just a suggestion to think about.

JOE, i can easily change the current post for the rules (25 rounds) as i started the thread this month, and i can just simply copy and paste the whole spiel and previous month's scores each month.

that's not a problem.

yes i really like the 25 / 50 yard comp rules as they are simple.

oops i just seen that you did it, cool...

TP, hope you don't mind. I went a head and set up the January 2010 comps thread with the 25 round changes just a few minutes ago.

I can delete mine if you would care to do it as I didn't get the previous scores from months past on it.

yeah i just seen it, no problem. plus it's a new year, have a clean slate, maybe start the previous months pertaining to 2010.

one more suggestion is that we post the final results of the previous month's matches (through out the whole year), to track our progress (or lack of) as we go through 2010. so feb. will have jan's scores, march will have feb. and jan's scores,
april will have march, feb. and jan's scores, etc. and to include a link to the learnings thread.

i did that for the december 2009 one, i think it's nice to look back on the data.

i like the learning thread as it keeps the bullshitting about the whole thing on a seperate deal rather cluttering up the match postings. you should get one going for the 25 / 50 match.

i did that for the december 2009 one, i think it's nice to look back on the data.

we can also add up the scores from the usuals and come up with a rimfirer of 2009 type of thing, for bragging rights in 2010.

i haven't added them up yet, but my guess is carter mayfield got it, he's been the man throughout this.

Sounds good to me TP. Also, someone had suggested making our match rules a "sticky" if that is possible. I think once we get the "complete" long range rules hammered out, that would be a pretty good idea.

To be honest, I haven't a clue who the the moderators are on this board? For all I know you might be one?

i like the gong matches, even though i have to do the simulation thing at the public range.

biggest reason i like 'em is (and it goes back to a conversation way back in the learnings thread) that it reflects shooting for a decent group size rather than a # score. for instance, someone may just shoot all 9's or with an outstanding small group size, however someone may shoot a more open group but keeps them in the 10's and 9's producing a better # score. even though the all 9's shooter has a better group, it's not reflected in the # score, but in the gong score.

i was leaning toward a smaller gong at 100 as 30 of 30 hits is pretty common. however with the 3.5", a # score may be lower, but at least it's in the same neighborhood as the higher scorer, sort of a consolation prize / morale booster, and allow more "less equiped" shooters to participate.

on the other hand, i think at the level we're all shooting nowadays, a 3" gong (maybe even 2.5) would increase the challenge more, add the importance of getting the dope correct, and add the challenge of a smaller target.

i'm thinking a 6" round gong at 200 may be the way to go. you lose and inch in elevation from our present one, but gain an inch in windage. maybe a 9" or 12" at 300, which is paper plate sized

you can even tape on the back of the paper target, or draw on the face the size of the gong, basically shooting 2 matches at once (also saves ammo).

for those that can actually shoot real steel, it's a good sim / practice for some tactical matches (rimfire or centerfire) that use alot of gongs to record hits.

once again, that's up to you guys.

the moderators are named in the lower left, i have no idea how to make something a sticky, but would be a good idea. even a sticky for the same questions asked over and over and over.....example: question for the mods.

I agree with TP about the gongs. I shoot those matches because I realy like to shoot for group size and not just points. Even though I do the "ammo saver" with the points target on the other side. But if I had to choose one or the other, it would definitely be a gong.

I definitely like the 6" gong idea at 200 yards. If not that then a square. Not a rectangle like we're using now.

I think the 8.5x11 copy paper is a good idea for 300. If not that then a 12" round gong. It's pretty hard to get out there. Plus we can always size it down if competitors are just whooping ass at it. Also, keep in mind conditions have to be almost perfect for this. Some may not get too many chances at it.

I mentioned making the match scores sticky's. When the monthly match scores thread is created, and there are not a lot of posted scores yet, this just gets burried to the 3rd or 4th page. Some may not know it was already created or where to post their score.

I would also suggest keeping the 2009 scores. I looked through those threads myself when I just started competing on here.

The idea of a different strategy for score vs. group vs. hit/miss is valid, but implies shooting each type of target separately. I don't care if folks double-up paper targets for a gong score, but I like shooting them separately.
The thing that makes the gong great is the "reactive" nature of the target. I realize that the steel may not be allowed on certain ranges, but what about another option for "reactive" type targets? As for target size, why not have it be a little tougher? I like the 50 rounds total idea though...
I am finishing finals the next couple of days, but will come up with an idea for a "reactive" targets course of fire that could be easily replicated to keep it fair, and accomodate the no-steel ranges.

I like the idea of a reactive target. They will allow steel gongs at the range here. I've bent 1/4" steel flat bars with the .17 hmr from 100 yards. But 50 rounds per match is a bit steep for me with a .17 hmr and anyone using a .22 magnum I would think..

..Unless we make 25 and 50 round matches. That would be pretty cool actually. Some wanna save a little dough and still be able to compete, while some may spend more to show that they are just that much more consistant.

Ok, looks as if all of us who have replied to the idea of keeping the gongs or not, are in favor of keeping them. I am as well.

So... Let address the 100, 200, and 300 yard gong issue first, then we'll move on to the paper targets for those ranges.

We need to come to an agreement on what size gongs at each range and wheather we use round or square.

I'm for round gongs myself - but if the majority prefer square I don't have a problem with that. Obtaining a square gong might be easier for some, I don't know?

So what size gongs?

100 yard gong? I'm still not sure, but 3.5" is to big.

200 yard gong? I think a 6 inch gong (round or square is to big). A 5 inch gong seems more challenging IMHO.

300 yard gong? I'd like to see a 10 or 12 inch, but would prefer the 10 inch for the challenge.

I like the idea of an alternate reactive target like a clay pigeon. Also, I have not shot rimfire much at long distance, but when I have it has been more plinking. Therefore my frame of reference for difficulty is based more on things like clay pigeons, pop cans, briquettes and stuff. A 4.25 inch clay at 200 yards is a good challenge. They make a 3.5 inch, but I think 150 yards would be more appropriate for that size. There is also a 2.375 clay used in sporting clays - maybe for the 100 yard. Necco wafers are about the size of a nickel and would be suitable for 50 yards. The 300 yard target is still without a reasonable reactive target hhowever. I have shot a 17HMR to 275 yards, but have not tried .22LR past about 200 yards. Based on the 17HMR at 275 yards, the 8 inch gong seems reasonable. However the verticle spread of my 22LR at 200 yards would beg for the 10 inch gong.

i was thinking today a 2.5" or 2.75" @ 100, but might be a bit too small for newer shooter's to place on it, and don't want to make it too difficult and turn it into a benchrest / equipment type game. perhaps 3" is a good morale builder, adding more of a challenge than 3.5", not too big not too small. (a 1.5+" group starting at the 10x will put a few shots off the gong).

i do like the round gongs. if you take a 3" x 3" square and measure diagonally, you end up with 4", (1" "extra play")! a circle is the same, no matter where you measure it.

perhaps the 200 yard should be double of whatever the size of the 100 is determined to be, and the same shape whether it's round or square, which would lead me to believe the 300 should be 3x the size and whatever the shape of the 100. (for simplicity and some sort of ratio perspective).

maybe an I.D.P.A. styled cardboard silhoutte at 300 as a paper target? they are pretty reusable.
idpa.jpg

I could see 2.5" at 100 yards for a round gong.

I would then look at 200 yards as the next base and double that gong size to 5" round.

At 300 yards I would double the 200 yard gong size as the next progressive step in gong size making that a 10" round.

I'm assuming that everyone is using the Birchwoodcasey steel targets for the 3.5 inch 100yard target. Why not move it back to 125 yards rather than have everyone go make new targets?

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

They also make a double spinner with a 3.6 bottom and 2.25 top target

Product #
46221 -SDA22

Description
SHARPSHOOTER Spinner Target

Price
$22.10

Here is another solution.

Why not just keep what we have now for gong matches and add the following?

Gong Matches We Have Now:

e. Match - 100YP-35RDP - (100 yards) "3.5 inch Round Disc" - Prone
f. Match - 100YB-35RDB - (100 yards) "3.5 inch Round Disc" - Bench
g. Match - 200YP-57GP - (200 yards) "5x7 inch gong" - Prone
h. Match - 200YB-57GB - (200 yards) "5x7 inch gong" - Bench

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Add The Following Matches:

Match - 100YP-25RDP - (100 yards) "2.5 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 100YB-25RDB - (100 yards) "2.5 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 200YP-5RDP - (200 yards) "5 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 200YB-5RDB - (200 yards) "5 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 250YP-8RDP - (250 yards) "8 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 250YB-8RDB - (250 yards) "8 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 300YP-10RDP - (300 yards) "10 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 300YB-10RDB - (300 yards) "10 inch Round Disc" - Bench

This would give us 12 monthly metal matches to choose from while allowing ourself to pick our own difficulty level as we progress.

New shooters may not feel they are ready for the new added 8 matches (if we choose to add these) so they could start out on the original matches and work their way to the new matches if they would like to.

In the mean time, those of us who feel ready for the new smaller gong challenge could start shooting these new "added" matches with smaller round gong sizes,,, should we decide to add the 8 new matches.

[img:left]
TacticalRimfireSpinner.jpg
[/img]

I had a couple of these made up by metaltargets.com Largest is 11-3/4 tall if I recall. I think I had them shrink them down to 1/3, 1/4 and 1/5th scale. Typically we set them at 175, 200 & 225yds. The little guy is extremely challenging to dang near impossible at 225 depending on the wind. Really fun stuff though.

I've been shooting a 3" ShootNC at 100yd all along (instead of 3.5") and can manage a 30 of 30 sometimes if the wind is cooperating, it is not a given though. I'm all for a 25 round match since it's better ammo management. I will pick and choose which matches to shoot since I'm setting up a new stick and will be spending a lot of my time with load development and getting used to longer (600+yards)shooting. I'm sure I will still do a lot of training with the rimfire, especially the 4 position matches. I really like need to work on those skills, and I enjoy the monthly matches.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could see 2.5" at 100 yards for a round gong.

I would then look at 200 yards as the next base and double that gong size to 5" round.

At 300 yards I would double the 200 yard gong size as the next progressive step in gong size making that a 10" round.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallBoreSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sounds good to me. 2.5" for 100, 5" for 200, and 10" for 300.

Oh and I am also a fan of round gongs.</div></div>

i'm on board with the sizes and shapes. if it seems to small after a few matches, we can bump them up to maybe 3", 6" and 12". but we'll see how it plays out in a few months.

the idea of just adding the new sizes....good idea, so simple, why didn't we think of that earlier?

one thing that we gotta watch is adding too many different matches as that'll lead to only 1 or 2 shooters per match, which kinda take the competition out of it. another good part is if your confident in your equipment and ability, you can use the smaller, if your equipment is so/so or just starting out, can use the bigger one.

I agree, I think we should be careful not to over do it with new matches and aside from adding these to the existing ones;

Match - 100YP-25RDP - (100 yards) "2.5 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 100YB-25RDB - (100 yards) "2.5 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 200YP-5RDP - (200 yards) "5 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 200YB-5RDB - (200 yards) "5 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 250YP-8RDP - (250 yards) "8 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 250YB-8RDB - (250 yards) "8 inch Round Disc" - Bench

Match - 300YP-10RDP - (300 yards) "10 inch Round Disc" - Prone
Match - 300YB-10RDB - (300 yards) "10 inch Round Disc" - Bench

I think we can get a good feel for what works and what doesn't by December of 2010 (next year).

Lets just leave the paper matches alone for now and fly with what we have in that catagory along with the new added metal matches and see where this takes us. I'll edit our January 2010 long range match thread I started, and add the new metal matches.
smile.gif

The new 100 yard gong size is a challenge. Could even be 2" or 2.25". But I think it's a big enough challenge right now. I also fired off 10 rounds at the 200 yard 5" gong and that seemed like a really good fit for this distance. Got 9/10 there.

Sorry the pic is blury. I just barely squeezed out 25/25 on the 2.5" gong. (Gotta get disks)

DSC01030.jpg

Glad to see someone giving it a test, thanks SmallBoreSniper. It'll be a while before I get a chance to do some field testing as we have gotten back to Artic conditions here in NW Nebraska, along with more snow.

This past summer I did some shooting at my 4x5 gong from 200 yards and in my book I show I hit 13 of 15 back on July 15th. 68 degrees - 60% humidity - No Wind - .22LR Aguila Super Extra 1135 FPS... This must of been shot in the early morning I'm guessing (I didn't write down the time) as the temperature and humidity kind of leads me to believe that.

Matter of fact here is a picture of the three gongs I shot at that day - 6x7, 5x6, and the 4x5;

6x7 - 14 of 15
5x6 - 12 of 15
4x5 - 13 of 15

100_0398.jpg

Here is something I ran across yesterday I thought that may be of interest to some. This scale is based on 25 meter. You may have to type the link in to get to it?

http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/targets/index.html

Copy and paste the above link in your search box, then click search. "Print your own targets" should come up. Click on that and it will take you to the above link, then look for:

"Range Silhouettes"

This will take you to a Pdf file and you can see the 25 meter target scale.

Similar in shape, I wonder how close to scale these are to the Appleseed Project targets which are also (as I understand it) shot from 25 meters?

Well, I got my 5" (semi round) 200 yard gong made today out of some old 3/16" metal I had laying around in the workshop. It'll do until my welder can plasma cut me a true 5" one out of 1/4" metal. Here it is - kind'a looks like Mickey Mouse;

100_0521.jpg

100_0522.jpg