375/ 338 LM for ELR

HPMike800

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2011
Phoenix, Az
I shoot mostly KD target sports so I don't hang here much. I do shoot some PRS when I can and I am looking into some ELR shooting.

I have an opportunity to pick up a custom 338 LM action for 1/2 price. I've been pondering an ELR rifle for a while. Thinking of a 375 based on a 338LM Improved case. Is there anybody out there making dies with an associated reamer drawing? Kind of like what Robert Whitley does with his wildcat offerings on 6mmar.com?

I know D.Tubb used this cartridge with some success at Kof2Miles. The ballistics sounded pretty good.

Thanks
Mike

From what I read here on the hide Tubbs is working with Peterson Brass on a .338 bolt face .375 so really interested to find out more about that. I have an AI-PSR and love shooting .338LM. My longest confirmed hit is 2445 Yards. I don't call it a hit if I can't do it in a max of 3 shots.

I am looking for a reamer to do a rifle. Want it for a elk rifle. Because a light weight 375 Cheytac would work but could be heavier. I have a barrel for both. Also there is a good article on the long range hunting forum. There was a link that used some of Kirbys work with his version . Seems like a fun one to build.

From what I read here on the hide Tubbs is working with Peterson Brass on a .338 bolt face .375 so really interested to find out more about that. I have an AI-PSR and love shooting .338LM. My longest confirmed hit is 2445 Yards. I don't call it a hit if I can't do it in a max of 3 shots.

A 338LM Improved case neck up to 375?
Or a some other case with a rebated rim?