375 SwissP information

DDGKunia

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2021
Hawaii
Can someone please help me in explaining the benefits and strengths of 375swissP?

I currently have a DTSRS and an AXSR. Either one would be suitable hosts as both already have 300NM barrels.

Would the Swiss be better than 37XC?

I'd like to 375 as TBAC now has suppressors with this bore, and the 338 class bullets just don't offer enough gain over 300 class right now.

Thanks

you don’t hear much about the Swiss P over here but a quick google shows it’s likely splitting hairs to the XC.

Ballistically you aren’t going to really make any gains it’s the splash that comes from the big bullets that your after

The P ammo is designed to have the same trajectory across several calibers...
In other words, same point of aim, same MIL/MOA come ups for 223, 308, 300, 338
A guy doesn't have to know that particular rifles DOPE
That's the only advantage to the P ammo

EDIT: I reread the RUAG details and the above is NOT what it says. I stand corrected. Within each caliber, all the different bullets are designed to impact same at 100. So, an AP round and a target round have same trajectory.

Last edited:
It's been a minute since I looked into it, but what I remember is that it's very close in trajectory to 338 Lapua, but offers increased energy on target. If you restrain it to a magazine or use the factory ammo, it's got a pretty short head height for ogives, but I'm sure it would be a good cartridge to reload for with higher BC .375" bullets to single feed.

Reactions: Taylorbok
It's been a minute since I looked into it, but what I remember is that it's very close in trajectory to 338 Lapua, but offers increased energy on target. If you restrain it to a magazine or use the factory ammo, it's got a pretty short head height for ogives, but I'm sure it would be a good cartridge to reload for with higher BC .375" bullets to single feed.
But at that point would it not be better to utilize 37xc?

I'm curious on powder capacity, fps and trajectory vs other elr cartridges that maintain the lapua bolt face