.375 vs .375 improved case fill

jslaser

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2017
Was hoping to get case fill information on the .375 and .375 improved for different powders. Does the improved version with extra case capacity lead to more velocity before running into pressure problem s?.

It doesn’t matter which case. Going from a standard to an improved case increases internal volume. That will allow more speed before seeing pressure signs. It might not shoot better at the higher speed, but then again, it might.

I went with a 375 snipetac so I could run the high node of the Cheytac but at lower pressures. I’ve seen too many guys running that high 3100+ node and have some sticky bolt issues from time to time. I’m trying to avoid that but not give up the speed

Reactions: camotoe
I went with a 375 snipetac so I could run the high node of the Cheytac but at lower pressures. I’ve seen too many guys running that high 3100+ node and have some sticky bolt issues from time to time. I’m trying to avoid that but not give up the speed

Is the .375 snipetac the case that Dave Viers created? And what parent case does it use.

Yeah that’s the one. Cheytac is the parent case