.416 SnipeTac - Anyone have one?

Have you looked at the ballistics?
I have a hard time thinking you can get a 500 going fast enough to better the 285-400 grain bullets of the 338 and 375 hence it’s obscurity.

Have you looked at the ballistics?
I have a hard time thinking you can get a 500 going fast enough to better the 285-400 grain bullets of the 338 and 375 hence it’s obscurity.
500gr bullets going in the 2900s are plenty fast to get out there. There are a bunch of folks shooting lazers and badlands at those speeds and are doing well.

You can also take a look at the 416 match that Robert Vestal has been chambering. It doesn't suffer fro the brass swell issues if the Barrett chamber.

I have and it does. I'm done with the 416 Barrett - i retired it after my last ELR match at Clarks Knob this year. I'm rechambering that one to a 460 Steyr I hope to have done by my match in July.

The 416 Snipy I just want to toy around with since I have 90% of the pieces for. Its a cheaper gun to shoot for fun and would make a good trainer.

I have and it does. I'm done with the 416 Barrett - i retired it after my last ELR match at Clarks Knob this year. I'm rechambering that one to a 460 Steyr I hope to have done by my match in July.

The 416 Snipy I just want to toy around with since I have 90% of the pieces for. Its a cheaper gun to shoot for fun and would make a good trainer.
Makes sense

The 416 stroker is nothing more than a 416 Snipetac with a different name. I know there are a couple guys that are building the snipetac in the near future to get away from the bigger gun stuff.

Reactions: Steel head
When I ordered my reamer from Manson they told me they had a ton of people calling on it. The Barrett is just too expensive and finicky. If you’re going to go big go 460 or a 50 improved. I’ll be chambering this on a K&P I ordered and a superxl I have lying around in my shop. Should be fun to play with. 10 weeks to go.

Reactions: Geno C.
When I ordered my reamer from Manson they told me they had a ton of people calling on it. The Barrett is just too expensive and finicky. If you’re going to go big go 460 or a 50 improved. I’ll be chambering this on a K&P I ordered and a superxl I have lying around in my shop. Should be fun to play with. 10 weeks to go.
I would suggest asking Ken about 50 improved before wasting your time. He worked through more 50 wildcats than any 10 rationale people combined would have tried and there is a reason that there are hardly any of them to be seen in FCSA competition.

-Alex

Reactions: j-huskey
I get that about having the 90% of the parts. I am shooting 375ct and doing well with it but when I am ready I plan on moving up to the 460 Steyr. Have a friend that has every thing ready to go on his 460s just needs to chamber the barrel. I will be a K&P 40 in barral.

I’m looking into building a 416 Hellfire or 416 Warlord.
My problem is there isn’t enough public data on either of them. I’ve talked to Badassgunworks a lot about them. But I want to see more public data before I choose.

Neither one of them are belted. You're referring to the old warlord that was discontinued using the Bertram brass 585 Hubble Express that project was abandoned due to poor brass quality. the new warlord is larger in diameter and and also longer much better quality brass

Yep, I remember the warlord being belted.

Lots of neat wildcats out there. I wanted one with the least level of effort with the pieces I already had on hand. All I need is manson to get me the reamer done. Also like with the cadex that this thing is going into I'll be able to mag-feed with the A-tips.

I would suggest asking Ken about 50 improved before wasting your time. He worked through more 50 wildcats than any 10 rationale people combined would have tried and there is a reason that there are hardly any of them to be seen in FCSA competition.

-Alex
Soon there will be several new production cartridges showing up at the fcsa comps soon you will be changing your opinions

Reactions: 1moaoff