• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

450BM

I built one a few weeks ago for an AR using Aero XL upper and bolt from Brownells. I have a cheap barrel from GLFA, probably switching to a Faxon. I have not had the opportunity to test it. I bought some factory ammo for the brass, looked for Star Line with no luck.

The most common loads I have read about are made up of Lil Gun or WIN 296. I was going to start at 36 of Lil'Gun and work up. 450Bushmaster.net has load info.

Reactions: warnera1102
I've seen the Maker Bullets, thanks for the heads up on the performance. I've never used these but Cutting Edge was mentioned at the 450 site. I see Hammer Bullets also makes one for the BM 450. So far I have 50 Hornady 245gr SP to start my reloads once the factory ammo is shot .

I know in the 300bo shooting subs it was like a hammer. 200grain at 52 yards. The opposite shoulder looked like it was hit by a car.
20211126_104540.jpg

I have not yet used this combo on any game yet but a Hornady 225 grain FTX sitting on top of 40 grains of Lil Gun gave me 2390 FPS out of an 18 inch barrel. Hodgdon lists max as 42.2 so this load should top out near 2500 FPS if I ever decide to push it that far. Accuracy was decent for what the gun and scope combo is and I plan on doing some expansion testing once it stops snowing every other day.

I'm also starting to work up loads for the same 245 Hornady SP you mentioned and the Speer 300 grain JSP. If I remember, I will post that data when I get it.

Awesome !
Has anyone seen and difference in feeding with the tipped vs non tipped bullet in an AR-15?
That depends on how the barrel extension fits the upper. Most of the time you will need to grind the upper so it matches the big bore barrel extension. I have had zero issues with feeding any bullet profile after a little grinding with a dremel.