50 BMG at 2K??

primer

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2008
S/W Montana
Hey guys, my local club where I shoot is having a 2K shoot in the coming months, and I've been tempted to give my 50 a try...To date my longest shot has been just shy of 1100, with a 308. Any words of wisdom ? I have an old school Mcmillan M88 single shot, planning on running 750 AMAX's and H50BMG. Playing with my ballistic ap looks like my scope "should" have enough adjustment to get there if I push the bullet at about 2800 fps. (Scope is an old guy, 16X Luepold Ultra)...Anyone run a 50 at that distance? I'll be happy if I can hit the berm ;)

We shoot monthly 2000 yard matches in NorCal and the 50's shoot just as good as everything else.
Ken Eng from the FCSA has hit 7 out of 10 at 2054 yards.
He is using the 750 AMax and H50BMG.

That video is of my 50 BMG called Big Red and a guy who drove by and wanted to shoot it. He fired about 20 rounds.

Reactions: TripleBull
Lynn Jr thats awesome, your rifle has some weight on mine! Curious what speed are you running the AMAX at? I've seen some generic dope that Hodgdon recommends 215 grns max with H 50BMG and that bullet , but I know every rifle is different.

Its a 29 inch 1/15, not sure as far as chamber specs.... Currently loading to 2.800 with that bullet and puts me about .020 off the lands. I've never really shot this thing for precision, its mainly been used to turn grapefruit sized rocks into gravel.....:LOL:

Primer
Big red weighs 94 pounds as you see it in the video.
The 240 grain load of RE50 pushes a 800 grain bullet 2900 FPS.
The load Ken was using is 232 grains and I don't know what his velocity is or which chamber he is using.
Work up to it slowly.
The barrel on bigred is 36 inches long and 2 inches at the muzzle.

Reactions: primer
I am all for "run what you brung and hope you brung enough". The weight limit at KO2M is an absolute JOKE just like the scoring system. Lots of people ordered barrels, actions, etc. to build rifles to come in just under 50 pounds to compete in the 2018 KO2M, myself included. Just six months before the match the weight limit was changed to 45 pounds for two years then down to 40 pounds in 2020. This has left a bad taste with those that built rifles near the 50 pound limit with no possibility of reducing the weight by five pounds. A 40 pound rifle is no more field expedient than a 50 pound rifle. Also, the possibility of only shooting six shots (cold bore gong and first target) is total BS. This alone should be a no go for anyone wanting to participate in the KO2M. There are many options out there to shoot ELR that do not have said restrictions such as the BS scoring system and miss and out scenario. Shooters want to shoot ammo, hit or miss. The KO2M match is WAY overrated.
EJ

I am all for "run what you brung and hope you brung enough". The weight limit at KO2M is an absolute JOKE just like the scoring system. Lots of people ordered barrels, actions, etc. to build rifles to come in just under 50 pounds to compete in the 2018 KO2M, myself included. Just six months before the match the weight limit was changed to 45 pounds for two years then down to 40 pounds in 2020. This has left a bad taste with those that built rifles near the 50 pound limit with no possibility of reducing the weight by five pounds. A 40 pound rifle is no more field expedient than a 50 pound rifle. Also, the possibility of only shooting six shots (cold bore gong and first target) is total BS. This alone should be a no go for anyone wanting to participate in the KO2M. There are many options out there to shoot ELR that do not have said restrictions such as the BS scoring system and miss and out scenario. Shooters want to shoot ammo, hit or miss. The KO2M match is WAY overrated.
EJ
agreed like I said it wont matter any more

There are a few more matches out there than the KO2M.
I run URSA matches monthly in Northern California and we have no restrictions on the rifle or firing position as long as it is safe and legal you can shoot it.
Eduardo the guy who started the KO2M is a FCSA fifty caliber shooters association member and the more they keep playing with the weight the fewer 50's you will see on the line.
It started out with the best of intentions but it seems to have gone from a single shooter to a team event after a couple guys put there spin onto it.

Reactions: MElank
cause the ko2m does not dictate elr

Okay, thanks for explaining your perspective.

I know there’s a lot of conflicting views on how ELR should be done and I think that the beauty of having different flavored matches.

I personally and professionally have very little interest in 50+lbs rifles, I can appreciate the technical developments that will eventually trickle down from the super heavy guns at that end of the spectrum but of more immediate interest and practicality is the lighter end of things. If one sees little difference or practicality in having to carry a 40lbs gun vs a 50lbs gun then just understand that some of us are interested in a different end state of ELR.

I can’t say that if I was in charge of Ko2M that I wouldn’t change some stuff but it would be juvenile of me to declare that a match or variation of the discipline was irrelevant because it did fit my immediate interest.

On the separate matter of team vs individual competition, again I have personal and professional interest in developing that aspect of ELR, so the current rules of Ko2M support that aspect. If the match format doesn’t interest you then just don’t go to the match. I don’t care for F-Class or Benchrest but I also don’t bitch about what their doing just because they’re methods are unpractical to me. Instead I data mine those disciplines for whatever might be useful to me and at the end of the day I leave those dudes to their own flavor of fun.

Okay, thanks for explaining your perspective.

I know there’s a lot of conflicting views on how ELR should be done and I think that the beauty of having different flavored matches.

I personally and professionally have very little interest in 50+lbs rifles, I can appreciate the technical developments that will eventually trickle down from the super heavy guns at that end of the spectrum but of more immediate interest and practicality is the lighter end of things. If one sees little difference or practicality in having to carry a 40lbs gun vs a 50lbs gun then just understand that some of us are interested in a different end state of ELR.

I can’t say that if I was in charge of Ko2M that I wouldn’t change some stuff but it would be juvenile of me to declare that a match or variation of the discipline was irrelevant because it did fit my immediate interest.

On the separate matter of team vs individual competition, again I have personal and professional interest in developing that aspect of ELR, so the current rules of Ko2M support that aspect. If the match format doesn’t interest you then just don’t go to the match. I don’t care for F-Class or Benchrest but I also don’t bitch about what their doing just because they’re methods are unpractical to me. Instead I data mine those disciplines for whatever might be useful to me and at the end of the day I leave those dudes to their own flavor of fun.
I respect your views and agree with lots of it . I see elr a little different in the fact that its a sport that should be about extending and advancing further and further but the movement of the sport is split there is a movement by some going lighter while others want to keep the 50lb limit I don't see elr as a sport that should be hindered . Making rules that hinder the advancement of the sport should never happen. Any more then telling guys that they should not be using 300 win mags . If the sport moves toward lighter weight rifles fine . If it becomes about big boomes fine. If it happen on its own fine don't force the issue by creating rules that force or exclude or limit. I don't see the lighter rifles as being a viable competive factor in the future of elr I see it as a fad that will fall be the wayside and fade away unless the sport is limited. elr is not the military we are not limited to a easy carry build so why go there . if that's what some guys want fine build it. if I want a 49lb rifle I shoud be able to use it as well. if you loose to me cause you cant compete aginst a big booming 49 lb rifle that's your fault for choosing your build perhaps you should step up . but again none of this matters cause the k02m does not dictate elr this is my view on the subject take it of leave it

I don't go to the KO2M and don't care if the format has changed every year just pointing out the facts.
At the matches we run you can shoot any legal firearm from any position you want as long as it is safe.
Hard to argue with those rules.
Team or single shooter nothing changes yearly on our end.

I don't go to the KO2M and don't care if the format has changed every year just pointing out the facts.
At the matches we run you can shoot any legal firearm from any position you want as long as it is safe.
Hard to argue with those rules.
Team or single shooter nothing changes yearly on our end.

Perfect rules to me. Run what you brung and hope you brung enough as long as it safe and you get to shoot all your shots.

EJ

IMO, Ko2M is not irrelevant at all. Ko2M was from day one, and is today, a "tactical ELR" event, and getting more tactical with the lower max weight. The "father" of the Ko2M, Eduardo, is a tactical guy that, when the event was started, was the President of FCSA - and his livelihood is in the tactical world. It was his idea and he sold it to the FCSA Board. I have no problem with his version of ELR (actually, UR, unlimited range), just not the one I'm interested in shooting or promoting.

Reactions: Milepost
IMO, Ko2M is not irrelevant at all. Ko2M was from day one, and is today, a "tactical ELR" event, and getting more tactical with the lower max weight. The "father" of the Ko2M, Eduardo, is a tactical guy that, when the event was started, was the President of FCSA - and his livelihood is in the tactical world. It was his idea and he sold it to the FCSA Board. I have no problem with his version of ELR (actually, UR, unlimited range), just not the one I'm interested in shooting or promoting.
I can see the k02m in the next few years as slowly faiding away being replaced by something else that is truly based on inclusive and winning the right to be there focused on extending the sport not limiting or hindering the sport. big builds big calibers not tac kool short barreled light weight rifles that offer nothing to advancing the sport. I would hope that Eduardo will see where the sport is going and changes his mind about what elr is and follows the lead of where the sport is going not following his agenda but the majority.

I can see the k02m in the next few years as slowly faiding away being replaced by something else that is truly based on inclusive and winning the right to be there focused on extending the sport not limiting or hindering the sport. big builds big calibers not tac kool short barreled light weight rifles that offer nothing to advancing the sport. I would hope that Eduardo will see where the sport is going and changes his mind about what elr is and follows the lead of where the sport is going not following his agenda but the majority.

Actually, I think you will see Ko2M around for a while - mil-side folks are interested and the numbers are there. Again, that event is tactical ELR, not run what ya brung. URSA is already here with run what ya brung - and we get few shooters. As I noted, Eduardo's business is tactical. IMO, quite unlikely to go elsewhere.

Actually, I think you will see Ko2M around for a while - mil-side folks are interested and the numbers are there. Again, that event is tactical ELR, not run what ya brung. URSA is already here with run what ya brung - and we get few shooters. As I noted, Eduardo's business is tactical. IMO, quite unlikely to go elsewhere.
if they keep lowering the weight limit less and less people will want to go the majority of the elr matches have a 50 lb weight limit the future of elr is just that not the tac kool side

What's the big problem making weight for Ko2M with a 50 BMG?? A Palma style contour barrel on a 50 Cal weighs 16 lbs and is 36 inches long... A McMillan single feed action weight is 8lbs. That's including the trigger and a 45 rail. A good stock is another 6-7lbs . Add another 7lbs for optics, a Sphur scope mount, bipod and a Charie Tarac. Plus 2 more for a brake.

38-40 Lbs!!.... Done.... You want Tuff!! The FCSA lightweight class weight class is set at only 32 1/2 lbs! Now that's tuff!!

What's the big problem making weight for Ko2M with a 50 BMG?? A Palma style contour barrel on a 50 Cal weighs 16 lbs and is 36 inches long... A McMillan single feed action weight is 8lbs. That's including the trigger and a 45 rail. A good stock is another 6-7lbs . Add another 7lbs for optics, a Sphur scope mount, bipod and a Charie Tarac. Plus 2 more for a brake.

38-40 Lbs!!.... Done.... You want Tuff!! The FCSA lightweight class weight class is set at only 32 1/2 lbs! Now that's tuff!!
The problem isn’t making weight. It’s shooting a 50 with 8-900gr bullets from a gun that’s 10-20% lighter than the original 50lbs limit

Reactions: SnkBit
I see your point and respect it but make no mistake it is the tactical side of ELR that the Ko2M represents. They set the bar very high at 2 miles and before the Ko2M there was no other competitive shooting sports that pushed it that far out that I'm aware of. Of course being retired military I tend to like a sport that reflects my past.and encourages the advancements in technology that helps future snipers protect our armed forces from harms way. Keeping the platforms light is all a part of it. I think many others feel the same way so I don't believe that Ko2M will go away any time soon...However it does really suck for those that built heavier guns and won't make future weight limits.

Now that doesn't mean I don't support URSA. I very much do. We need an open unlimited ,bare knuckles, run what ya bring class and I'm glad it's here.

Yes, Ko2M does not dictate ELR!

BTW - Shooting a 50BMG McMillan accurately at 2000 yards, whether light or heavy ,should not be a problem. I believe the logistics issues of such a large, heavy platform and getting to find places to practice/train often enough so you can shoot accurately out to 2000 yards is the biggest issue for many of us.

"Just my 2 cents"

Last edited:
I see your point and respect it but make no mistake it is the tactical side of ELR that the Ko2M represents. They set the bar very high at 2 miles and before the Ko2M there was no other competitive shooting sports that pushed it that far out that I'm aware of. Of course being retired military I tend to like a sport that reflects my past.and encourages the advancements in technology that helps future snipers protect our armed forces from harms way. Keeping the platforms light is all a part of it. I think many others feel the same way so I don't believe that Ko2M will go away any time soon...However it does really suck for those that built heavier guns and won't make future weight limits.

Now that doesn't mean I don't support URSA. I very much do. We need an open unlimited ,bare knuckles, run what ya bring class and I'm glad its here.

"Just my 2 cents"
lets look at the ko2m how many tac cool short barrel rifles were in the finals last year or the year before that .? what will happen this year??? building a monster with 34-40" & barrels in heavy stocks can be made in the 40 to 45 lb range yes but look at what paul phillips and Rodgers are doing or mc millin with the 50 fat mac some guys have gone to structured barrels to reduce weight but the builds are still monster long barreled rifles like Edwardo did kasey and Stanley here in Oregon are doing 38" structured 2' barrel blanks going to such great extents to make weight but still not building tac cool rifles. if yes ask me the whole match is two faced doing one thing but stating another if the k02m is to become a elr match the is based on 28 to 35 lb prs style rifles so be it but its not in my view elr

Now that doesn't mean I don't support URSA. I very much do. We need an open unlimited ,bare knuckles, run what ya bring class and I'm glad it's here.

BTW - Shooting a 50BMG McMillan accurately at 2000 yards, whether light or heavy ,should not be a problem. I believe the logistics issues of such a large, heavy platform and getting to find places to practice/train often enough so you can shoot accurately out to 2000 yards is the biggest issue for many of us.

"Just my 2 cents"
The tactical angle for ko2m is a joke. I’ve yet to see a Phoenix fclass type bipod on a tactical gun in the field...

If you want to use the field portable angle, then set the rule that you can only use what you can carry from your truck to the line on one trip. Carry, not haul in a cart. Ammo included.

I do like the light gun class the Tubb sponsored though?

It’s not my shoot. It’s shot at a time a year that I’ll never shoot it. So really my thoughts mean nothing. I’m just an outside guy looking in that shoots with 1/2 dozen of the guys that actually shoot out there.

lets look at the ko2m how many tac cool short barrel rifles were in the finals last year or the year before that .? what will happen this year??? building a monster with 34-40" & barrels in heavy stocks can be made in the 40 to 45 lb range yes but look at what paul phillips and Rodgers are doing or mc millin with the 50 fat mac some guys have gone to structured barrels to reduce weight but the builds are still monster long barreled rifles like Edwardo did kasey and Stanley here in Oregon are doing 38" structured 2' barrel blanks going to such great extents to make weight but still not building tac cool rifles. if yes ask me the whole match is two faced doing one thing but stating another if the k02m is to become a elr match the is based on 28 to 35 lb prs style rifles so be it but its not in my view elr

Obviously we are looking at this from two different perspectives and that okay with me as I always think there is something to be learned either way.

But really you don't think that having that lower weight limit and the popularity of Ko2M hasn't driven individuals and industry efforts to think out of the box and create new solutions to shoot accurately with a lighter platform? You just mentioned structured barrels and that is part of that new driven technology. Better bullets, faster twist barrels, evolving case designs, better optics, better brass, etc... Would all this all be happening if the Ko2M did not exist?? I don't think so.... A lot of this new tech has and will continue to trickle down to the military platforms. Sure, they won't be using 36" or longer barrels but they certainly won't be using 94lb bench rest rifles either.

IMO - There is room for the Big Boomers on both sides of the fence. Just as there is for short action rifles in PRS and F class. It's just a matter of preference. Pick one that appeals to you and enjoy!

The tactical angle for ko2m is a joke. I’ve yet to see a Phoenix fclass type bipod on a tactical gun in the field...

If you want to use the field portable angle, then set the rule that you can only use what you can carry from your truck to the line on one trip. Carry, not haul in a cart. Ammo included.

I do like the light gun class the Tubb sponsored though?

It’s not my shoot. It’s shot at a time a year that I’ll never shoot it. So really my thoughts mean nothing. I’m just an outside guy looking in that shoots with 1/2 dozen of the guys that actually shoot out there.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you on that Phoenix comment!! LOL...I also think that there should be a length limit on the barrels too!

Sure, their are certain aspects of the rules that are pretty stupid and need to be changed. I feel the same way when I watch a NFL game but I still enjoy it none the less..... LOL..

Hi,

I think we have to look at things from 2 perspectives and ask ourselves which is our priority, who is doing what, etc etc.

We have ELR Growth and we have ELR Advancements. They are indeed not the same thing, situation, scenario, concept, etc (Whatever you want to call it).

The KO2M by its venue naturally restricts it from direct growth (It can only handle x amount of shooters) but there has been indirect growth come from it.
The KO2M with its weight, equipment, etc restrictions by its' very nature restricts direct advancements but can drive and benefit from the trickle down advancements.

Growth (As in getting more people, manufacturers, etc involved) can only come from allowing those "new" people/entities a chance to participate. To do that you need space, venues and open invites to them.

Advancement (As in reaching beyond the distances, hit probabilities, weights, etc etc) can only come from NOT restricting the people/entities that prefer that side of ELR. So they too need the space, venues and open invites to them.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I think we have to look at things from 2 perspectives and ask ourselves which is our priority, who is doing what, etc etc.

We have ELR Growth and we have ELR Advancements. They are indeed not the same thing, situation, scenario, concept, etc (Whatever you want to call it).

The KO2M by its venue naturally restricts it from direct growth (It can only handle x amount of shooters) but there has been indirect growth come from it.
The KO2M with its weight, equipment, etc restrictions by its' very nature restricts direct advancements but can drive and benefit from the trickle down advancements.

Growth (As in getting more people, manufacturers, etc involved) can only come from allowing those "new" people/entities a chance to participate. To do that you need space, venues and open invites to them.

Advancement (As in reaching beyond the distances, hit probabilities, weights, etc etc) can only come from NOT restricting the people/entities that prefer that side of ELR. So they too need the space, venues and open invites to them.

Sincerely,
Theis

Now that I agree with 100% ! Very well said !

Primer
Yes with the right setup you can have a lot of fun with your 50 at 2000 yards. I have a few friends that every year they have been running them out to 3500+ ones a factory gun and the other is custom but looks factory Garrett and Mark both shoot very well with their setups in fact both even have folding bipods and use squeeze bags in the back. So yes give it a try and learn from it. It’s kinda bad that your question spun into politics about the KO2M and rules and equipment. I’m curious of all the chatter how many were there, must of been a few with the opinions and strong points debated on. So anyways give it a good try at your club event and have fun pulling the trigger.

My thoughts on the KO2M
2019 will be their 4th year
When they started there was not a lot of chatter and drive for extended range ELR events
I believe the industry has been pushed hard to advance in their products to actually push farther then what most folks said could not be done.
There’s no walking it out or hope and poke at this event from the way it is formatted which forces folks to use all science involved and to be able to adapt and correct their systems and strategies instantly when the elements/winds change in their given time frame on the line. I think this is easier said then done when under pressure.
The KO2M looks to have policed or enforced some rules as far as some of the large teams pushing the rules some in 2018. At least their listed requirements and the enforcement of it reflects that.
I don’t think the 40 or 45 lb thing will go any lighter in order to continue in the 3520+ target range.

I think the KO2M has done more good in time driving and pushing our industry and shooter participation with new and growing events and equipment choices, thats my opinion.

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

The rules for 2019 say it's a team ONLY competition!!!
No more shooter or a shooter and his buddy.
Now it's team only so there is no longer anything in it for the average shooter.
The 50 BMG shooters have a spotter class and a lightgun class so those guns will still be competitive.
They put restrictions on the bipod so no more linear bearings or sliding bipods.
What you will end up with is several sponsored groups of shooters at the same match each year and a restrictive set of rules for everyone to watch.
On the other side you will have ELR URSA matches for the individual shooter innovator that anyone can attend and compete in.
Without a sanctioning organisation and some rules there will be no such thing as a record just internet hyperbolae.

Reactions: Esoteric Junkie
Geno C
We have a guy who is using a rod with linear bearings so the bipod stays put and the gun recoils back on the rod.
I could be wrong but that looks like it is nolonger allowed.
In my humble opinion they should leave it wide open and build the sport then take a look at it for possible tweaks.
From my vantage point it looks like it went from a spotter class event to a manufacturer's/team event and Joe Six Pack is out of it.
My buddy Tim Sellars came in 2nd place the first year but without a team he is now out of it unless he can dig one up.

Lynn I think you’re misinterpreting the rules some, I see they are posted on another link

Your first three sentences relate to shooters and teams and the lack of any chance a average shooter and his buddy can participate. - I don’t see anyware where its states that average tea shirt wearing shooter cannot take part let alone have his shooting buddy help spot. From the rules posted you can have two friends along and help each other out.

I know of a few guys that shoot 50s, 460s that have a great time pulling the trigger and do well. Also its cool to see folks creating new designs and ideas in their equipment to better the rifle system.

Going back at least three years now they required ridged mounted front bipods yet they could have a small ski type foot. So no drastic changes recently there to help the pro sponsored shooter teams you speak of.

Sad to say I really think your rant was about promoting “ your ELR URSA event in your area “ thats to bad there are a lot of good opportunities here in the states for shooting and why crap on someone else’s.

I think for the most part we have a great shooting community and we get to see new ideas develope and the limits get pushed, its great to be part of that. Pick what game you like and go with it.

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

Reactions: THEIS
Geno C
We have a guy who is using a rod with linear bearings so the bipod stays put and the gun recoils back on the rod.
I could be wrong but that looks like it is nolonger allowed.
In my humble opinion they should leave it wide open and build the sport then take a look at it for possible tweaks.
From my vantage point it looks like it went from a spotter class event to a manufacturer's/team event and Joe Six Pack is out of it.
My buddy Tim Sellars came in 2nd place the first year but without a team he is now out of it unless he can dig one up.

I would be the guy with the linear guide bearing bipod. It is stunningly accurate and does not add more than 1/4 pound. Unfortunately the only place I can run it is URSA. Advancing the sport apparently has different meanings to different people.

Reactions: deersniper
I would be the guy with the linear guide bearing bipod. It is stunningly accurate and does not add more than 1/4 pound. Unfortunately the only place I can run it is URSA. Advancing the sport apparently has different meanings to different people.

Hi,

So that bipod setup is in violation of the Worlds Longest Shot Challenge rules or the Nightforce ELR comp rules?

Edited To Add:
Do you mind posting pics of the bipod setup?

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
LynnJR wrote:
"Without a sanctioning organisation and some rules there will be no such thing as a record just internet hyperbolae".

All this "world" record bullshit is just that BULLSHIT. There is no "world" sanctioning body and no repeatability. Last year in Pahrump there was an ELR "world" record event. Three "world" records at the very first event. What a joke. Got to love the internet hype an all the self promoters.

I have a stack of crisp hundred dollar bills waiting for anyone that wants to bet, per shot, at hitting a 3x3 target at 2000, 2250, 2500yards and beyond. Can it be done, yes, however it is NOT repeatable. I will be in Vegas a few days before SHOT and will have money in hand. For those that want to try further distances I will raise the bet to $200 per shot. When it is time to pay up I prefer my hundreds nice and crisp:)

EJ

Lynn I think you’re misinterpreting the rules some, I see they are posted on another link

Your first three sentences relate to shooters and teams and the lack of any chance a average shooter and his buddy can participate. - I don’t see anyware where its states that average tea shirt wearing shooter cannot take part let alone have his shooting buddy help spot. From the rules posted you can have two friends along and help each other out.

I know of a few guys that shoot 50s, 460s that have a great time pulling the trigger and do well. Also its cool to see folks creating new designs and ideas in their equipment to better the rifle system.

Going back at least three years now they required ridged mounted front bipods yet they could have a small ski type foot. So no drastic changes recently there to help the pro sponsored shooter teams you speak of.

Sad to say I really think your rant was about promoting “ your ELR URSA event in your area “ thats to bad there are a lot of good opportunities here in the states for shooting and why crap on someone else’s.

I think for the most part we have a great shooting community and we get to see new ideas develope and the limits get pushed, its great to be part of that. Pick what game you like and go with it.

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

Yeah you misread my post or I didn't make it so you could understand which is my fault.
The rules state IT IS A TEAM EVENT.
That means you have to have atleast two people with you to compete?
If I got that wrong let me know. I see it says up to three members so I am guessing your team could be one member?

I am also a member of the FCSA and own two 50's and I like them just fine.
I am in no way promoting URSA at the expense of other disciplines you just took my post wrong. I didn't even mention it did I?
Your initials JH intrigue me are you noted 1000 yard shooter Jim Hardy?

Last edited:
Lynn Jr

You probably get a chance to shoot with a freind of mine Bill W.

I think if they had their way it would be a shooter with one spotter from the chatter I hear at times but they are really enforcing a person only coming to the line 3 times max to break down the large teams. This does allow you to have two of your friends helping spotting for splash and watching the mirage. The first shooter/spotter in 2017 ran that way. And there was a individual that qualified running solo spotting his own shots in 2018. Lynn I think the verbiage team is your two or three guys in your group. Everyone has to look past some of the over hipe and chatter, there are a lot of folks attending that are good folks probably paying for everything out of hard earned cash and doing what they enjoy because of no other hobbies or bad habits. We have met some cool folks that are willing to stop and BS and pass along good info in the shooting sports.

Back to Bill W. I suppose if you know who I’m referring to you may not have seen him much lately due to the unfortunate 4 wheeler tumble while hunting it busted him up bad. But its good to see he is back to testing rounds and pulling the trigger.

Excellent options for shooting are developing everywhere

You folks have the well established Northern and Southern ELR URSA events
Texas has the Longest Shot Challenge
Recently a New ELR event in Georgia
The KO2M event in Raton, NM
Spear Point in Barnard KS
And many more starting up which is all good.

If I remember right your buddy Tim walked away with a really impressive rifle with some history, my memory is not as sharp as from years ago but I think it was Tim. 2018 KO2M

Cheers Lynn

Oneshot.onehit
Jeff Heeg