50 bmg bullet drop

Re: 50 bmg bullet drop

theoretically....
BC=.625 G1(guess, not searching for a 691 bullet)
MV=2750fps
pressure=29.0 Hg. (guess for Fargo)
temp=85F

from a 100 yard zero, you need about 240-250 feet holdover*^

*don't try this at home, you are demonstrating a serious lack of understanding of how this all works

^ subsonic at 1550ish yards,

In order to properly solve this equation we MUST have all the variables accounted for:

Elevation
Humidity
Temp
Up/Down angle
Barometric pressure
Muzzle velocity
Bullet BC
Barrel twist

Answer those question and we can give a realistic answer. Otherwise all we are doing is guessing.

I understand all that but u realy only need that to get a accurate point of aim point of impact shot we just wanted a guess because people that dont knoe anything like to believe that the 50 is this lazer beam hold on and shoot to a mile just because it is big and bad. Just wanted a ballpark to give them an idea of what they dont know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G1 BC is probably going to be closer to 1...</div></div>
No the BC on 690 APM2 is .675
The BC's on .50 BMG ammo has for years been VERY overestimated.

I actually own a barrett m99 thats what started the conversation y is it that the 50bmg is so over dramatized the guy I was talkin to was like wow that big thing must only drop a few feet at a mile and I told him no it drops hundreds of feet and he wouldnt believe me he also thinks the bullet will rip someones arm off of it just even misses by an inch haha.