6.5 Creedmoor. Max distance.

View attachment 28168

Hey Guys,
FNG here. Just picked up my first 6.5 Creedmoor. Got it home and the wifey stopped vacuuming to get behind it. Taking her to her long range shooting class in the spring, and this baby may be hers. Got it off gunbroker from a guy/gunsmith called gunmonkey.
Mega Arms upper and lower with JP barrel, bolt and other pieces, with a super crisp geissele trigger. Can't wait to get it to a big boy range and stretch its legs. Need to fit a good scope though, came with this Meopta 4-12 but its a second focal plane, so it must go, thinking of a IOR, Vortex, or US Optics.

Showing off my new 6.5 build. Just got the Steiner 5-25 and AICS stock in Saturday, got to take it to the range and try it out with my new Savage 110 FCP-HS in 338 LM. The Creed was easily busting clays at 850 with factory Hornady 140's. Haven't had a chance to work up any loads yet.

I actually set up a protein powder jug full of water at 850. I was surprised at the energy at that distance, it blew the jug apart and sent the top flying about 15 feet into the air. Water exploded everywhere. It is not a scientific method for calculating energy but, suffice to say I would not want to be hit by it.

The lapua, that's just ridiculous. Anything inside 1000 simply isn't fair. 6.5cm.jpglm.jpg

Showing off my new 6.5 build. Just got the Steiner 5-25 and AICS stock in Saturday, got to take it to the range and try it out with my new Savage 110 FCP-HS in 338 LM. The Creed was easily busting clays at 850 with factory Hornady 140's. Haven't had a chance to work up any loads yet.
I actually set up a protein powder jug full of water at 850. I was surprised at the energy at that distance, it blew the jug apart and sent the top flying about 15 feet into the air. Water exploded everywhere. It is not a scientific method for calculating energy but, suffice to say I would not want to be hit by it.

The lapua, that's just ridiculous. Anything inside 1000 simply isn't fair. View attachment 28169View attachment 28170

Can you give some details about your 6.5 ..
Action ? Stock ?
busting clays at 850. Wowza

Thank

I haven't read the whole thread but I'll tell you about energy wise the max distance. I have a GAP Crusader 6.5 creedmor and was shooting ar500 plates at 1110 yards one time. Well the spray paint can broke so we just put it on top of the steel. Somehow I managed to hit the SOB and the bullet was still inside. I know what your thinking , the bullet splattered and hit the can... Nope I actually used some pliers and opened it up and there was the bullet. Was a Berger 140 VLD (hunting) at 2825 fps. 400 ASL about 60 degrees.