• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

6.5x47- any advice?

pbgunrunner

Old enough to know better
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2005
Iowa City, Iowa
Hi, I just traded for my first "custom rifle".
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=137&t=823945

Its in a caliber that I have ZERO personal experience with and seems to be a handload only deal since factory ammo is so limited. SO, I get to learn how to reload rifle ammo too! Im going through the posts here (great stuff BTW), I'll be getting a single stage press next week and the rifle came with a set of RCBS Gold Medal dies with neck bushings (another new to me thing).

Ive loaded lots of pistol ammo on a turret press, so I know the basics, any clues specific to this caliber? I'll be starting with the recipie and components that the org. owner used, and I have 30 or so rounds of his ammo to use as an example.

Thanks! -chad

Re: 6.5x47- any advice?

I can't see any reason to stray from his load at all. Jam the bullet about ten thou and rock on.