6br brass options

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    Looked in the threads but they are a couple years old. Can't find any Lapua brass for a 6br norma build I'm doing. Not even on sketchy websites. Nor any alpha.

Any other options out there? All I'm seeing is Peterson and norma. How do they stack up with Lapua? Read that case capacity of Peterson isn't great.

Thanks fellas

LAPUA is the standard but Alpha brass is shockingly conisistent (Try amp-aztec analyzing 5 pieces of each and see what you get for results).

1: Take a peak at the buy/sell page at accurateshooter.com. https://forum.accurateshooter.com/forums/tools-dies-rests-reloading-components-misc.11/
    A WTB for some might turn up someone who is willing to part with some. Several times fired would still be ok. WTB over there is less likely to generate scam responses. Guys still talk about LAPUA “gold box” over there, which is the old spec brass. You could use it but it’s not something to pay extra for in your modern cut chamber.

2: Reach out to Chris Way (@gunaroundthesun on insta) or at Riflekraft.com. He shoots it and isnt real excited about reloading. I wouldn’t be shocked to find out he has a bucket full of once fired.

3: Ammo seek and every “notify me when available” list you can find and wait.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    LAPUA is the standard but Alpha brass is shockingly conisistent (Try amp-aztec analyzing 5 pieces of each and see what you get for results).

1: Take a peak at the buy/sell page at accurateshooter.com. https://forum.accurateshooter.com/forums/tools-dies-rests-reloading-components-misc.11/
    A WTB for some might turn up someone who is willing to part with some. Several times fired would still be ok. WTB over there is less likely to generate scam responses. Guys still talk about LAPUA “gold box” over there, which is the old spec brass. You could use it but it’s not something to pay extra for in your modern cut chamber.

2: Reach out to Chris Way (@gunaroundthesun on insta) or at Riflekraft.com. He shoots it and isnt real excited about reloading. I wouldn’t be shocked to find out he has a bucket full of once fired.

3: Ammo seek and every “notify me when available” list you can find and wait.
    Shit man, thanks for all the info! Appreciate it. I'm making an email, specifically for notifications. Gun broker didn't even have any. I'll make an accurate shooter account tonight, and I'll try and get a hold of Chris. I know Lapua stopped making a few different cartridges, but from what I see 6br wasent one of them so that's good. To my surprise 6CM was one of them though.

I'm not sure how often Lapua does drops of brass but about 3 weeks ago there was a shipment of 6br norma brass. Might be best to set up some notifications and jump when I comes available.

There might be some brass still trickling out to the smaller retailers. I had a notification at midway. Then a few days later at some midsized retailers.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    I'm not sure how often Lapua does drops of brass but about 3 weeks ago there was a shipment of 6br norma brass. Might be best to set up some notifications and jump when I comes available.

There might be some brass still trickling out to the smaller retailers. I had a notification at midway. Then a few days later at some midsized retailers.
    Might call around tomorrow to some LGS and see. But the ones around me are the kind that has dust gather on things, and they update things very rarely or only have very common calibers. Hopefully there next drop isn't too far off

Just ordered some Lapua from bison tactical. Price was okay. Shipping price and CC fee sucked. Oh well. I obtained it. Still in stock over there if you fellas need any

Reactions: Haney