6GT action/barrel/magazine/chassis

Icy

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2023
Colorado
I have an ACC Elite chassis that I’d like to use for 6GT in PRS matches. After researching as much as I can, it seems I need to be careful in marrying up the action, barrel, and magazine type or else I run into feeding issues.

For example, a CDG action highly prefers AW mags and needs to machine any prefit barrels with a conical breech. AICS mags can work but requires messing with the magazine lever. Maybe the ACC elite can move the lever around to accommodate this?

An impact 737r action can just shoulder a prefit barrel and might not need any feed lip custom work on AICS mags (of which I have four, but I don’t mind switching to AW if that’s more reliable long term).

Anyone have the easy button on this setup? Trying to take advantage of any Labor Day deals and the amount of small details involved is making my brain hurty.

Thanks so much in advance for any shared expertise.

The elite should have an adjustable mag catch.

The cdg with aw mags should feed by default, the impact with aics should feed by default

If you shorten the mag latch you can run cdg with aics, if you lengthen the mag latch you can run impact with aw (if it’s an aw cut 737), the acc elite can make this easier than it used to be.

Personally, those are two actions in opposite ends of the pushed-control round feed spectrum so I’d figure out what you like and jump to one or the other, it’ll ultimately be a wash as you’ll have to order the barrel to match one or the other regardless.

Reactions: Icy and Terry Cross
Man you are way overthinking this. Pic an action and run with it. Any 700 footprint will fit in that chassis and I wouldn't use any action that would not accept shouldered prefits or needed you to use AW mags as there is no need to use them in matches.

Reactions: Pete B and Icy