• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Range Report 7.62/308 BALL info request

namgrunt

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Central Alabama
Has anyone ever done a comparison or the various common brands of BALL ammo such as LC,FC,WC,PMP for accuracy?

I have many hundreds of each brand but wonder if any one brand is more accurate than another.

Thanks in advance

Re: 7.62/308 BALL info request

Ball ammunition is by far the most prevalent service round available. You can buy it by the thousands. Strange that no one has ever done an accuracy test of the common brands for the 308/7.62
Come on fellows someone must have done this.

M118 special ball isn't special, I'm mex matching is now.

South African is nasty and stinks but shoots well in my FAL. It won't chamber in a couple of my tighter chambers.

Not all ammo or rifles are make the same as we all know. One rifle will shoot one brand great while the next lot from the same company may not shoot as well. I have a semi auto AK and it will shoot one batch of Russian ammo so well I only shoot it when I want to actually hit what I want. Chinese ammo shoots like what you would expect it to be. My other AK the Chinese ammo shoots much better than the Russian or wolf does.

When I was in I shot some TZZ ammo and this one lot was almost magical in my M16A2. I hit more spotters with that ammo than I have the whole time I was in. Then we went into the field and got more TZZ and wow this stuff was trash. Everyone else seemed to like it but in my M16 it would just be the most random ammo I have ever shot.

The good old YMMV holds very true.