• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors 7.62 SD AAC shooting with 300WM, yes

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I have a AAC 7.62 SD-N6 and have asked and read and read and read , "can I shoot my 300WM with can?" I got mixed information over time. I met a guy today that was oblivious that shooting his 300WM might be detrimental. So I ask how much have you shot your can. He said 100's+ rounds and the guys seemed like heavy shooters.

One note, his can was the old AAC 7.62 SD, about four years old. I want a MK13 but in the interim, I might shoot some through my 7.62SD-N6.

I heard some people have shot their AAC 7.62SD-...through 300WM, and I have never heard of anyone blowing one up. Has anyone seen this can blown up via 300WM?

PB

Re: 7.62 SD AAC shooting with 300WM, yes

do a search. there was a thread on here about this i think in the last couple weeks. but it sounded like its really dependant on your barell length. find the thread but i think they were saying under 24" is a nogo.

cjg

.300Wm - NOT ADVISABLE through the 7.62Sd-N6.

I own one...and I have a local dealer who has one. We shot a ton of crap through his N6 and sure enough the rear of the can started to expand in the blast chamber. I reccomend anyone who has a N6 - DO NOT USE SHOOT MAGNUM through it - its not worth the warranty BS with AAC. (BS - consisting of wait time and expense to repair non-warranty damage.)

This is true and it happened to my first 762SD (bought it used) I would not shoot mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Under a 26" barrel you will see a bulge in the suppressor tube after awhile. They just cant stand up to a magnum for that long. </div></div>