Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks Gregb. It's a good rifle. I have a lot of fun with it. If it was about 10 pounds lighter I would take it out hog killin. Can't seem to leave my 6 pound .308 meat stick and lug that thing into the bush here.......

RHunter, I checked my book and my spotter made no note of a splash or bounce hit. She is an emergency room doctor and very precise in observing and noting everything. With the amount of wind we had, maybe she came down at that angle? We had many other hits on those plates. I have no idea why we took pics of those.

That projectile could have been tumbling and hit sideways. I wasn't using the good stuff for that series of plates. I'm sure I was running plenty fast and wasn't trans sonic. Maybe that round flew funky. Hell, it hit what I wanted. Good enough for government work..........

It was just an interesting hit, that's all, did not see the typical point from the tip like you see on the other two photos. Looks like a keyhole strike.

Regardless, still damn fine shooting!

Unless you have Andre the Giant Hands those targets look pretty small. To be hitting those at 1000 is pretty awesome. Shit, I haven't even hit 800 yet and I'm still trying to hit a full sized IPSC target.

Hey Ultraman! My hands are normal sized..The plates are fairly small for the distances. I would like to build an IPSC torso steel for the 1,000. I've been impressed with the gas gun. I like my bolts better, but this one works really well with all sorts of trash I feed it.

I spent $250 on the IPSC target but I bought the materials myself and had it water jetted. I spent $150 on a 30"x18" 1/2 inch thick AR 500 steel plate that I bought from a steel shop. Then $100 on the water jetting which I obviously took a pro. It's considerably cheaper (I think) than ordering one.