• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

7 SAUM / WSM - Where did all of it go?

TheLoneMonk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
I'm in pretty dire need of a LOT of 7 SAUM brass, and after looking around quite a bit I've come to a conclusion - it doesn't exist these days. This is what I don't understand - where did it go, and why isn't there more out there? There's not a shortage of raw material to make the brass, and 7 SAUM isn't a very widely used case as .30 calibers are more popular within the US.

The powder shortage, particularly with Hodgons extreme line such as H1000 I understand, and am looking for nearly 30 pounds of that too. But the brass, that just beats me.

Anyone have any insight on this, or places to find the stuff?

S/F

Get 300saum norma its easier to find much better than remington..remi need some loving to get concistent..its easy to neck down

Okay, 6.5 SAUM guys, I hate youuu!!!

Serious note, for the 300 SAUM, don't you have to fireform it to be a true 7 SAUM? If so that isn't an option unfortunately.

S/F

Okay, 6.5 SAUM guys, I hate youuu!!!

Serious note, for the 300 SAUM, don't you have to fireform it to be a true 7 SAUM? If so that isn't an option unfortunately.

S/F

Negative. Just run it thru your F/L 7 SAUM die and you are good to go. Very easy, nothing fancy required. 300 SAUM brass is a good deal cheaper as well.