• Stribog

• Brugger & Whatever

• Scorpion

• PSA AK-V

• Norinco UZI

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lolol

I ordered the A3 Tactical offset steady folding brace

Im not sbr this for carry reasons in my Vertx Gammut I take with me daily for work. Keeping it a pistol. I also ordered 4 more metal 30rd curved KCI mags and an Aimpoint T2. Deciding on a small light for the mlok rail still

Cost me less for all of it then if I bought one on gunbroker back in Jan/Feb....

If I am doing an MP5, I want to get relatively close to the original MP5k-PDW Navy setups, so I'm perfectly happy to F1 it to have a real stock and VFG. Not willing to pay for HK prices to do it, though. Too much other shit I'd rather drop $4k on.

Lolol

I ordered the A3 Tactical offset steady folding brace

Im not sbr this for carry reasons in my Vertx Gammut I take with me daily for work. Keeping it a pistol. I also ordered 4 more metal 30rd curved KCI mags and an Aimpoint T2. Deciding on a small light for the mlok rail still

Cost me less for all of it then if I bought one on gunbroker back in Jan/Feb....

Be careful with your obsidian and a 3 lug adapter on a ptr... Seen 2 with out of spec 3 lug mounts. Make sure that sucker is seated tight

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Out of spec Obsidian adapter? Interesting....my buddy runs his Obsidian 45 tri lug on his 9KT. I'll make sure it seats right for sure
No the rugged 3 lug mounts are good it's the 3 lug adapter on the ptr.

In my shooting group we got a good mix of mp5s 2 are ptrs. We also got rugged,dead air and silencer 3 lug mount mounts on the can side.

The rugged and dead air mounts are g2g on everything but the ptrs iirm. We have tried 3 diff silencecerco mounts and all 3 would not lock up right to anything.

Just a friendly psa out there to everyone just too make sure there is 0 wobble when using 3 lug adapters they are not all created equal. I'm sure your ptr will be fine @padom it was more of a heads up

No the rugged 3 lug mounts are good it's the 3 lug adapter on the ptr.

In my shooting group we got a good mix of mp5s 2 are ptrs. We also got rugged,dead air and silencer 3 lug mount mounts on the can side.

The rugged and dead air mounts are g2g on everything but the ptrs iirm. We have tried 3 diff silencecerco mounts and all 3 would not lock up right to anything.

Just a friendly psa out there to everyone just too make sure there is 0 wobble when using 3 lug adapters they are not all created equal. I'm sure your ptr will be fine @padom it was more of a heads up

Ah ok I misread your comment. Your referring to the 3 lug mount on the PTR barrel.

So I have some info on that, not sure if your group found the fix or if its the same issue. But, my good buddy has 2 PTR.. a 9KT and 9CT for a while now and shoots them regularly with a Silencerco and Rugged Obsidian...

Ive shot both of his and they are great. He informed me of the parts to buy, what works and the issues/quirks he has ran into.

He informed me that when he first got his 9KT, his cans wouldnt full seat/lock up on the tri lug mount on the barrel. Said it just wouldnt go in all the way or lock up...

He discovered, the collar between the tri lug mount and the start of the 1/2-28 threads was built up just a hair from what he assumes is the coating on the barrel... He "polished" this area with a dremel and polishing wheel and that fixed the issue of his cans fully seating/locking onto the tri lug mount. He sent me this picture to show me what he did to fix this issue. He said he did NOT need to remove metal or anything like that, just had to polish it up, and that resolved the issue of the cans fully seating and hasnt had any issues since doing that.

Just an FYI, in case this is the same issue the guys in your group are having, but Ill be sure to check and confirm my cans lock up properly before firing any rounds through the can....

You can see he just barely polished the finish just in front of the tri lug and behind the start of the threads..... Thats all it took he said and has had no issue with cans locking up securely since with 1000's of rounds fired.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Ah ok I misread your comment. Your referring to the 3 lug mount on the PTR barrel.

So I have some info on that, not sure if your group found the fix or if its the same issue. But, my good buddy has 2 PTR.. a 9KT and 9CT for a while now and shoots them regularly with a Silencerco and Rugged Obsidian...

Ive shot both of his and they are great. He informed me of the parts to buy, what works and the issues/quirks he has ran into.

He informed me that when he first got his 9KT, his cans wouldnt full seat/lock up on the tri lug mount on the barrel. Said it just wouldnt go in all the way or lock up...

He discovered, the collar between the tri lug mount and the start of the 1/2-28 threads was built up just a hair from what he assumes is the coating on the barrel... He "polished" this area with a dremel and polishing wheel and that fixed the issue of his cans fully seating/locking onto the tri lug mount. He sent me this picture to show me what he did to fix this issue. He said he did NOT need to remove metal or anything like that, just had to polish it up, and that resolved the issue of the cans fully seating and hasnt had any issues since doing that.

Just an FYI, in case this is the same issue the guys in your group are having, but Ill be sure to check and confirm my cans lock up properly before firing any rounds through the can....

You can see he just barely polished the finish just in front of the tri lug and behind the start of the threads..... Thats all it took he said and has had no issue with cans locking up securely since with 1000's of rounds fired.

That very well may have been the issue! I have seen out of spec thread protectors but the area just past it is not something i would have thought of good info

Reactions: padom

Attachments

• 191483974_1031901083883742_3776550940511937781_n.jpg
    191483974_1031901083883742_3776550940511937781_n.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 191138000_1031901367217047_1241986052600379203_n.jpg
    191138000_1031901367217047_1241986052600379203_n.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 258870408_1142421029498413_6237946662233948587_n.jpg
    258870408_1142421029498413_6237946662233948587_n.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 260692545_1142420982831751_7103251093322318215_n.jpg
    260692545_1142420982831751_7103251093322318215_n.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: BCP
Picked it up today

Still waiting on the Aimpoint so I through the Vortex on to shoot it. Installed the A3 Tactical folding brace and light.

Also did load development with 147gr subs yesterday with VV N340 for this PTR. I regular shoot 165gr sub and have a really good load but I have a ton of these 147gr so wanted to load some up.

I loaded up 10ea of 3.8 - 4.6 in 0.2gr increments. Tested out if my AR9 7.5" with a red dot at 25yd from a 4x4 with my Rugged Obsidian 45 over labradar.

4.2gr 1041 SD 2.7 / ES 7.2
Pretty good 8 shot group, I pulled 2 and it's very quite.

Picked it up today

Still waiting on the Aimpoint so I through the Vortex on to shoot it. Installed the A3 Tactical folding brace and light.

Also did load development with 147gr subs yesterday with VV N340 for this PTR. I regular shoot 165gr sub and have a really good load but I have a ton of these 147gr so wanted to load some up.

I loaded up 10ea of 3.8 - 4.6 in 0.2gr increments. Tested out if my AR9 7.5" with a red dot at 25yd from a 4x4 with my Rugged Obsidian 45 over labradar.

4.2gr 1041 SD 2.7 / ES 7.2
Pretty good 8 shot group, I pulled 2 and it's very quite.

looks like a fun toy

Reactions: padom
Putting together a 9mm SBR myself with the Banshee barrel and bolt kit from CMMG. Going to run the 9arc magazines/ Pmag conversions with a standard ar15 lower.

Provides the upsides of delayed (radial) blowback, SBR lower that can be swapped to any another standard AR magazine cartridge, standard lower controls, features and manual of arms. Tuneable BCG for suppressed vs non, easy to load double feed mags.

Coming up on 2 months into my Obsidian 9 wait.

End up something like this
4530EBAA-A557-44A0-8732-D4319782B472.jpeg
551E6C20-34AF-4016-A938-73B56ED4D931.jpeg

I know PTR bolts on the 9KT were out of spec and undersized for a while. They wouldn't accept the RCM 80 degree locking piece. PTR was giving call tags to send in your 9KT and your RCM 80 degree locking and they would either fit it or swap to a bolt that fits...

From reading lots of posts, it appears this was an issue up until late 2020/early 2021.

Since I have a brand new PTR, I just tried installing the RCM locking piece and it dropped right in and bolt installed perfectly. So it appears PTR fixed the issue and the bolt is now in spec.

For those that aren't aware, if your running a suppressor and/or 147gr or heavier bullets in the MP5K's you need to run the 80 degree locking piece to prevent premature wear and damage. It slows the bolt down to prevent it from slamming in the rear.. Supposedly this is a non issue for CT's....just the K

Ready to shoot this thing now.

I've owned and have run most of the 9mm PCC/SMG's available, and while they're pretty much all fun, some are better than others to live with IMO. They all have their "quirks"...

I got over my MP-5 thing soon after realizing that no matter how "cool" they were to my 15y/o self, in reality their triggers are garbage.

The B&T's are just another blowback, not too far away from a cheap PSA AR-9 or something, except with far fewer tuning options and lots more expensive.

Stribog is another one with very little out there for tuning, it is what it is, may or may not work depending on what you plan on using it for.

CZ Scorpions are cool, just crappy ergos, and crappy trigger options.

MPX, best thing ever for like ~200rds, until it starts fucking up and needs to be cleaned (and cleaning them is a PIA), plus they're a Sig product (so, like it or not, owning one makes you an unpaid beta tester).

About 5-6 different blowback AR-9's, from a cheap PSA to an $$$ JP GMR-15... some are better than others, all work more or less the same depending on how well you get their buffer systems dialed to your ammo.

I still have a Foxtrot Mike that I pull out for laughs that runs like a watch and I can bump-fire at will. It's a 16" that's legal for gun games like USPSA/IDPA, and all it needed was a blue Sprinco spring + $1.50 in quarters + 130ish PF ammo to make cases of rounds disappear in minutes... dollar for dollar that's the one I'd recommend for most.

I'm on the fence about getting on board for the JP JP-5 preorder, a little pricey to order before I actually shoot one, and with the JP's it gets old buying an expensive gun that come kitted out with garbage furniture that needs to be replaced before one even shoots it the first time...

Just my $0.02, YMMV.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
No love for qc10?
qjqCJW3.jpg

Stolen image from another forum where were discussing PCC's. Im in the design process for a F1 40s&w integrally suppressed upper. This this is kind of what I've been going towards as an end result.

Never fired any QC product; only held and played with new receiver sets.

Reactions: reubenski
Got out for a very short period today to put a few mags through the PTR 9KT.

Ran great with both my 147gr and 165gr N340 subs.

Zero the red dot at 15yd while standing. Very happy with the accuracy.

15yd 147gr Xtreme N340

After zeroing I shot a few mags in the steel pit

This quick video was my 165gr subs. I shot a few in the dirt so you can here how quite.

All in all I'm very happy. Ran great and was very accurate. Recoil was super soft shooting. I'm spoiled with my AR9 LRBHO... thats about the only thing I have to get used to with this gun, no LRBHO

Last edited:
Everybody HKing up my thread lol.

I bought the cheapest braced Stribog on Gunjoker, 702$ with ffl fees and everything. A1 Gen 2 flat trigger two straight mags one curved. Comes in a cool quasi-pelican case.

It's a really simple rifle. Literally an aluminum tube with a heavy bolt assembly and a single buffer spring. Has a decent trigger and the controls are ambi. Flared magwell. I mixed up about 5 different kinds of ammo for testing. No issues.

stribog1.jpg

range.jpg

targetstribog.jpg

Target was 25, hill was 100 approx.

I believe this was norma 124gr, the factory flip up sights are a little "different" with a rear peep and front dot instead of a blade but it works. The blue jug on the hill wasn't much of an issue either, made it dance a few times.

All in all a neat little noisemaker.

I knew that sooner or later we would see tits in this thread! I never thought about using them for targets! 😁. In all seriousness I hope you like your new toy and get to enjoy shooting it a bunch. I’m stuck at home with a broken foot, so I’m a little envious of y’all getting out and shooting.