• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

A few rifles of mine

Scotty22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Katy, Texas USA
Here are a couple rifles I have put together over the years. Sorry for the cell pics

6mm-284
2i8aq6x.jpg

2ikuowh.jpg

300WM
2uo51z5.jpg

2mg9zrt.jpg

Load testing
2ur9obm.jpg

14902tc.jpg

s3kg39.jpg

Re: A few rifles of mine

Thank you. The brakes on the 300wm and the 308 are badger thrusters. And the one on the 6mm is just something my smith put together himself to test it out.

No I don't do the work myself I have a good friend that has been putting together rifles for years and he did all the work himself.

Yea I just finished the 6mm-284 last week! After a little load development for it this week it will be in the deer woods come opening weekend! If the optics make it to me in time.

I wasn't much for fluting either but my smith talked me into it on this recent build. I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. I will have to get better pics up of it bc these do it no justice. Also it knocked off a little weight to the rifle as well. The 300wm was my second build and I held no expenses back on putting it together. Until the scope and that was when I lost my job.

Specs: 300wm
Action: Remington
Bolt: fluted 2 piece ptg sako extractor badger knob
Barrel: Broughton 7 contour badger thruster brake
Recoil lug: badger oversized
Stock: McMillan A-5 sniper fill
Trigger: Jewell
Badger 20moa base
Badger rings

Spec 6mm-284
Action: Remington
Bolt: fluted Remington custom knob
Barrel: Kreiger custom spiral flutes custom brake
Recoil lug: badger oversized
Stock: Manners T-4
Trigger: Jewell
Ken Farrell 20moa base
Burris xtreme tactical

The 300 is between 16-18lbs I havent got a true weight on it yet but. That is close an I don't know the weight of the other sticks yet.

I have a few pics with the guns and some kills just yet to post them.