• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AAC Flash Hider or Break?

jbuck88

Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
So I am puting together a upper to use as a host for a M4-2000 I am waiting for. I have to choose between a Flash Hider or Break. Or there is even a half way between Breakout. This upper will probably be shot 100% suppressed.

What would you choose? and why? Would one be quiter then the other?

Re: AAC Flash Hider or Break?

Neither one would be particularly quieter than the other w/o the supressor. I havent heard the ping on my blackout when I have shot my AR, but I also do not have a M4-2000 (yet) for my AR so I dont know if that plays a part in it.
The blackout has been an excellent flash hider, while with the break you would get the benefits of recoil management if you were not running it with your can. IMHO you couldnt go wrong with either

AS

The AAC BrakeOut version is easy on the can, and 90% as effective as the full brake for recoil reduction, but with some flash reduction included.

If you are going to shoot 100% suppressed I would purchase the muzzle brake....as stated earlier it will act as an additional blast baffle and will more than likely be easier on the suppressor.

If you are going to shoot 50% suppressed / 50% unsuppressed I would go with the "breakout" which combines the muzzle brake with a flash hider, although the flash hiding capability of the "breakout" is not nearly as effective as the dedicated flash hider.....IMHO the ping of the flash hider really annoys me.

So how bad is the ping? I do have two other AR's that I bought blackouts for. Both of these will see suppressor use, but probably closer to 50%-50%. I will order a Breakout then for the dedicated one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it in all? Or is it effect some, but not others? </div></div>
Mine doesn't ring.