Accu-Stack AICS Cheek Risers...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hey Hiders,

Finally after months of working on these to get them perfect, I'm happy to announce our new AICS Comb risers made to support the AI combs on AICS / AIAWs /AIAE and even the new AX series of AI rifles. They are called <span style="font-weight: bold">The Accu-Stack AI Comb Riser System.</span>

They are a lightweight, solid fiberglass insert that is super easy to install on your AICS comb and supports it solidly. They come in three thicknesses, so you can get within a millimeter or so of your desired comb hight. (the three thicknesses 2.5 mm, 6mm and 7mm are mathematically advantageous to getting the most heights in the least amount of spacers)
<span style="font-weight: bold">
THESE ARE NOW IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP!
</span>
You can go directly to our website to order. Please let me know if you have any questions/comments.

Thank you,

Michael Victor
Victor Company USA

www.victorcompanyusa.com

ACCUSTACK.jpg

Here are Accustacks on an AIAW .338 Laupa Magum. They are a must to get the right cheekweld...

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8644.jpg

Re: New Product- AICS Cheek Spacers...

Just received my spacers. These are awesome and it's about time someone filled this void. No more worry about resetting the cheek rest to the proper height or losing your cheek weld in the middle of a match stage due to loose quick adjust screws. Highly recommended for AICS 1.5 users.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now get back to work and make them for a McMillan A5.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Saddle piece slipping? Take some sleeping pad foam, cut to the appropriate length based on your height setting, roll up, tape, insert, slide to the middle, put pressure on the saddle and then screw down.

On the AI - do these come loose with the allen screws as well?

Good luck

Mo, the allen screws do not come loose, it's the quick adjust screws. You are able to torque the allen screws tighter due to the wrench. The quick adjust screws were to allow for tooless adjustment of the cheek rest to remove the bolt on the 1.5 stocks. On the 2.0 stocks, you can fold the stock to remove the bolt so the quick adjust screws are not necessary. The quick adjust screws come loose due to only being able to tighten them by hand and under recoil, work themselves loose. Also, the spacers allow for proper resetting of cheek rest height every time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mo, the allen screws do not come loose, it's the quick adjust screws. You are able to torque the allen screws tighter due to the wrench. The quick adjust screws were to allow for tooless adjustment of the cheek rest to remove the bolt on the 1.5 stocks. On the 2.0 stocks, you can fold the stock to remove the bolt so the quick adjust screws are not necessary. The quick adjust screws come loose due to only being able to tighten them by hand and under recoil, work themselves loose. Also, the spacers allow for proper resetting of cheek rest height every time. </div></div>

We are taking a look at the McMillian design to see if there is a fix for that. It seems lots of people are having the same problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pre-order? When will you have them on the shelf? </div></div>

We have a small selection in now but the bulk won't be ready until November 5th. Fwiw, orders/CCs are not processed until they ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRG. Please make them for the TRG. </div></div>

Mike wouldn't you rather step up to a nice AIAW?
cool.gif
</div></div>

No, I want a real rifle.
wink.gif

I like the AW's a lot, but I prefer the TRG's for many reasons. As with everyone though I do hate the price of the aftermarket accessories and I do need a cheek spacer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRG. Please make them for the TRG. </div></div>

Mike wouldn't you rather step up to a nice AIAW?
cool.gif
</div></div>

No, I want a real rifle.
wink.gif

I like the AW's a lot, but I prefer the TRG's for many reasons. As with everyone though I do hate the price of the aftermarket accessories and I do need a cheek spacer. </div></div>

Mike, we will definitely look into it. Thanks for the heads up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the AI - do these come loose with the allen screws as well? </div></div>

Mo-

My first AICS with the hex screws did come loose after a full day class I took a couple years ago. They were torqued tight yet still slipped... that's how I came up with the idea of making a support system that holds up the comb no matter what and looks good.

Hmm this a very interesting thing I sort of am used to tightening the quick adjust screws a few times if I am shooting all day but this seems like an excellent idea. I usually just use a hard foam block that I cut to size and put in there but its only an inch long and Im sure it looks stupid so I dont do that if Im shooting around other people. Ill have to get some. Thanks for posting

Good idea, man. I have always taken a piece of aluminum and put it on the belt sander to get it to the depth of the gap between the cheek piece and stock. I use that as a jig to put the cheek piece back in place after each cleaning. Looks like with this it is just an easy take off and put on.

Re: IN STOCK - AICS Cheek Spacers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am happy to announce Accu-Stack Spacers are now<span style="font-weight: bold"> IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP!</span>

You can order direct from our website,

www.victorcompanyusa.com

Thank you,

Michael Victor

</div></div>

Michael

Are these only for US shipping or will you accept International orders?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am happy to announce Accu-Stack Spacers are now<span style="font-weight: bold"> IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP!</span>

You can order direct from our website,

www.victorcompanyusa.com

Thank you,

Michael Victor

</div></div>

Michael

Are these only for US shipping or will you accept International orders?

Thanks </div></div>

Hello BB-

We will ship anywhere... (of course international shipping rates would apply)

Thanks for you interest,

MV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michael, thanks for your really quick response and great CS - very much appreciated. Looking forward to getting the spacers! Cheers, Andy </div></div>

Thanks for the order!

Received mine today also.
I had also splurged for the AI adjustable buttstock, and I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of these parts on my rifle.

Michael, I like the Accu-Stack Comb so much I will absolutely recommend it to fellow shooters that use or express an interest in AI stocked rifles. It looks "empty" without the riser, so well is the fit/finish.

I'd like to congratulate you on bringing such a well made/designed part to the community.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received mine today also.
I had also splurged for the AI adjustable buttstock, and I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of these parts on my rifle.

Michael, I like the Accu-Stack Comb so much I will absolutely recommend it to fellow shooters that use or express an interest in AI stocked rifles. It looks "empty" without the riser, so well is the fit/finish.

I'd like to congratulate you on bringing such a well made/designed part to the community. </div></div>

Thank you Edwin. You have a really nice set up- glad you like them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Headgear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to run across this. I was just about to try and cut some plastic sleeves or something to get back to the same height every time after cleaning, etc. </div></div>

I've heard many people have tried bic pens, washers, foam. Accustacks also very lightweight and look just like original AI gear.

Michael - the spacers were here when I got back home today. Thansk for the great service and a brilliantly simple yet effective product! No more washers or trial and error fumbling!

Thought I'd post a few pics:

The spacers arrive in small plastic bags - each has an inseert with the size printed clearly. One great thing I like is that you've also made sure the spacers themselves are marked with the sizes...that's great for idiots like me who tear everything open ASAP and then can't remember which is which!

Aldo003.jpg

I bought 2 x 2.5mm, 1 x 6mm and 1 x 7mm - even though I measured the "free-standing" height of the cheekpiece I wanted to have a little flexibility (just in case). For me 11mm of spacers is bang on.

The spacers slide on very easily. there is a little play, but nothing to worry about.

I placed the first 2.5mm spacer smooth side up directly under the AI cheekpiece, the 6.5mm sandwiched in the middle adn the second 2.5mm smooth side down to try to get as flat and stable a base at each end of the sandwich as possible.

Before:

Aldo004.jpg

During:

Aldo005.jpg

Once bunched up the spacers look as if they are original AI kit - the colour and finish is very similar to the original cheekpiece, The fit is perfect.

Aldo006.jpg

Once in place I squeezed down on the cheekrest and tightened the thumbscrews. Whilst there is a very small amount of lateral play and a small gap at the very front of the spacers where the stock slopes away (see close-up shot below), thre is no movement in the vertical plane - only a strong, consistent, reliable and REPEATABLE cheekweld!

Aldo002-1.jpg

Aldo001.jpg

Once I'm 100% certain that this configuration is "the one" I may consider epoxying the three spacers together - simply for ease of removal but that is a personal thing and absolutley not a criticism of any part of the design or product fit or finish.

Thanks for a great accessory Michael - I'll be happily telling everyone with an AICS or AI that I see to give it a go!

Apologies that my pics are not up to Jeffu's standard! I did suggest to the wife that she could help....she declined (which is probably just as well really)!
laugh.gif

Simple yet great product, just the fact that it is made in metric units makes me all warm and fussy!!
smile.gif
I need to order 2 x 2,5 mm and 1 x 5 mm for my AIAW - just need to check with my buddy if he wants any for his AX as well!

Mike - there is already a great solution for the TRG out there, made by this norwegian guy Terje, but it doesn't come cheap..

ununge_nov_2010-10.jpg