• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL SPARE PARTS IN GENERAL

Edsel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013
Just got a bit concerned about spare parts.

For instance, I had this superficial, random thought of switching the stock sides on my AT rifles to a different color...

...only to find that some options are no longer available.

Will these rifles effectively be orphans soon, with all the newer models popping up?

Parts are hard to come buy I've found... Especially being in Australia.

Try to buy another bolt that you can harvest critical parts from in the years to come if need be.
(A complete bolt with firing pin mechanism is worth considering).

Action screws you shouldn't need but are good to have.

Buy a spare trigger if able.

Stock sides, buy what you want whenever you see it because things are becoming scarce these days.

This way you can at least keep a rifle running if needed while you organise to have it serviced.

Reactions: Edsel
I don’t see parts going away. To many of them in circulation with Mil and LE. You can still find parts for AW’s even. The AT/AX/ATX share all parts except the chassis.

Never hurts to have extra parts on hand

You may however see longer wait times for parts or have to send for warranty repair etc.

Then again with new models maybe older parts will become more available. It wasn’t long ago you couldn’t find a spare bolt for the short action. After release of the ATXC we’ve seen a decent run of extra bolts already through euro, MH and Mountic for the AT/AX and ATX

Reactions: Edsel and Cody S